No peace in Sosua

Well came to Sosua few months ago for a bit of sun and peace. Sun I got and peace at first, but that's well gone :-(

Some individual has decided to open a Bar/Cafe type of establishment across the road, unfortunately facing my bedroom.

Seems to think the best way to run his establishment is to play music at full volume all day. But he's had a better idea now and has progressed to play it most of the night as well!

Goes on until about 5am and duly starts again about 9am.. So means getting about 4 hrs sleep a night, never mind the constant irritation of deep thumping bass vibrating throughout the apartment from morning till night, even ear plugs dont help.

Well really its like living in the middle of a disco !! 

Seems the world is full of these brain-dead Morons, who think they have a God-given right  to do what they want, no matter how much misery and nuisance they cause to others.

Did complain to Apt Owner before when it was all day, but seems not made a difference, as by the look of it, all night has been added to the repertoire!

Guess cops wont be any use either, maybe I'm wrong, but from what I hear the only time they get off their asses is if you pay them.

My advice to anyone renting Apt in this town make sure you get the right location or you will live to regret it!

Your story is not surprising at all...that's how dominicans like to enjoy life, the louder the better. Not many understand peace and quiet, that's boring, and the more they drink the louder it gets. It's their country and they like living that way, here in PP they hang out at the Malecon, and every town or city has its meeting places. It is good you notice how little regard or consideration they have for others. Actually they really have none! Even the educated, well-off, are very inconsiderate because they think the world owes them everything. Best advice is stay away from them!

welcome to the Dominican Republic ,well as we said you can't never have it all, there's always something,may be you should go there and joint them and have fun their way better than stay home with biter feeling.

So why not change apts????
Loud music it typical and you will find it all over as it is part of the culture. There are plenty of locations where you can live and not be bothered by the loud music, motos, traffic and such and truely enjoy living here.  It is all about location.

Bob K

take up diving its so quite down there although i would'nt nap for to long:-)
its the same where i live i didnt know it was possible to fit so many speakers in a 4x4 but they do,it does get on my nerves but hey balanced against going back to europe no contest.
sorry but as usual bob's right relocate is the answer, i strongly advise against trying to ask them to turn it down as you will probably find out just how loud the dominican eardrum can handle.
live n let live eh ? :-)

@diveacademy

>take up diving its so quite down there although i would'nt nap >for to long:-)

Errm no thanks Im no good with water, I can swim- like a rock

>its the same where i live i didnt know it was possible to fit so >many speakers in a 4x4 but they do,it does get on my nerves but >hey balanced against going back to europe no contest.

Indeed,Europe is pretty screwed ....

>sorry but as usual bob's right relocate is the answer,

Did consider that but fortunately its got better of late, think the landlord also got fed up with the noise and he is closer to the source than me, so think he had words :-)

>live n let live eh ? :-)

Yep seems to be the way here :-)
Certainly one does not get the agression about these things one gets in Europe, like from the obnoxious drunken idiots, we breed in England these days

weve always had them,the big mistake was allowing them to breed,now they're all over the place :-)
got broke into last week they robbed me of the very equipment i,m using to do surveys to help this country "wankers" learning curve again,step up security(think like i would if i was based in liverpool lol )stiff upper lip an all that and get on with it.
have to admit did'nt sign up for all this earth moving stuff,not the way i want the earth to move for me in the bedroom,dont think we've seen/felt anything yet if what i've read is correct,brace yourself.
paul