Wiring money out of malaysia

hello all,

just wondering how easy it is to send money out of malaysia. is it a simple case of going into a bank and filling in a form, handing over the cash and it's done? or is it a bit of a hassle?

what is the deal here folks?

thanks.

timbla

If you are not local or employed locally or has a local bank account, it will depend on your destination and visa. Under the current anti-money laundering laws, it is no longer simple case in handling over cash to wire money.  Restrictions are common in Tokyo, Seoul and Singapore.

Just go to any western union or money gram branch bring you passport along ...

thank you. as i *will* be employed and have a local bank account, i can assume then that it will be fairly straightforward to wire money.

cheers.

Hi I use maybank and wire money to UK bank accounts every month. With an employment pass it is easy to send amounts that you earn- larger amounts will involve serous explanations. That includes money sent into Malaysia but restrictions are far less severe than it was

ok, thanks for that. my understanding is that i will be set up with an account at maybank and would only be wiring earned monies anyway, so it sounds like it should be ok. thanks again.