Money Transfer to USA Bank account

Hey, guys I'm hoping some of you can give me some advice.  I've been having trouble transferring KD to my checking account in the US.  They are telling me that it needs to be a savings not a checking account. Also is there a limit I cannot exceed, because that seemed to be an issue too?

why not ask your bank mon ami?

Guys, There is a new thing that is preventing sending money back to the USA. The central bank of kuwait is requiring all transfers to go through an IBAN#. My bank doesn't use IBAN.  Does anyone know which banks use an IBAN# for money transfers?

According to the information I found on line, the banks here in the United States don't have IBAN numbers.  However, it says you do need your routing number and your SWIFT code.  Your bank should be able to provide your SWIFT code for you.

I don't know if this is still the case, I look forward to hearing if you get this resolved.  I am still in the US and will need to send money home to my children each month.  Good luck!

This is something I have also wondered how to do. I will have to pay some bills here in the States while I'm there, so I had planned on putting money back into my US account monthly. Please let us know how this works out for you! Good luck!

There is no problem with transferring money to a U.S. bank account.  As stated previously, you just need the Swift code (to get it to the U.S. clearing bank, ABA routing number (to get it to your bank/branch, and your account number in order to do the initial setup. You can get the Swift code from your bank (I found mine online after I got here).  As far as the limit goes, my bank had a default limit, but all I had to do was request an increase in my limit by going to the bank and filling out a form.

And again, you prove to be of tremendous help, Nomad! Thanks for the detailed answer. As a teacher, I appreciate step-by-step instructions. :D