Condomium Law

The committee of my Condomium are proposing to change the Condomium rules at our next AGM. The Condomium Act states that a change of rules must be approved by at least one third of all co-owners. The committee believes that if the meeting is not attended by one third of all co-owners they can hold a second meeting attended by less than 33% of owners which can then approve the change. I believe that the 33% approval requirement is absolute and a change of rules cannot be approved by less than 33%. Can anyone advise on this?

refer to Condominium Act 2551

section 26 (revised from section 43 of 2522) : AGM can be opened once attendants must not less than 1 of 4 co-owners (cal. from unit area ratio). If not, must announce and recall the meeting again within 15 days, and this time will not regulate the attendants

section 27 (revised from section 48 of 2522) : (only quote to answer your point) To change condominium rules, common fee rate, common area management or renovation for approval must not less than 1 of 2 all co-owners.  If not, must announce and recall the meeting again within 15 days, and this time the proposal can be approved must not less than 1 of 3 all co-owners.

This all I experienced and find out from The Act. hope it can help you some :)