Areas near KAFD site

hi
what areas are closest to the new KING ABDULLAH FINANCIAL DISTRICT?

In terms of transport,what is the best method to get to this site if living not close by.

anyone??

KAFD is in north of Riyadh; the areas close to KAFD are :

1- Al-Aqiq
2- Hittin
3- Al-Muhammadiya
4- Murooj
5- Al-Rabi
6- Malik Fahad
7- Malqa

Most of people I know who work for KAFD live in #1, #3, #4 and #6

The best way to go there:
Your Own Car >> Taxi >> SAR2 Bus Service

Taxis are available from everywhere in the city. Bus Service is clumsy and have specific routes.

Do let us know if you need further info.

thanks.what is the average rent pm for a 1 bed flat in the areas u mentioned?

Oops I missed mentioning Al-Nakheel area which is just on the other side of KAFD across the Dammam Highway.

1 bed or studio apartments are rare overall in Riyadh and specifically North of Riyadh. However one very lucky colleague of mine lives in a 1 bedroom apartment in Al-Nakheel area paying 12,000 SAR/annum. (My office is in the same area.)

Al-Aqiq is a good option. The rent starts from 20K/annum for a 2BHK. Living in other areas (Malaz, Olaya etc) will be troublesome coz of traffic & thus the time requried to reach the location. As a rule of thumb, we try to avoid any south to north movement in the morning & vice versa in the evening.

thanks for the info. how long would you say it takes to get from southern areas to the north side.and how much kms is it apart?

bump

It really depends on from where you are coming.

Hara is around 15km and will take 20 minutes on average. Malaz is +1/2 km more.

thanks.so its best to find a place in the north.
btw,what is the cheapest place in the north near kafd to stay.taking food,accomodation,transport etc into consideration.

Al-aqiq

thanks for the help buddy.