Currecny Exchange/Remittance business

Hi all,

I recently moved to Kuwait and now working as FC within oil sector, but really interested in having my own business.

I have been looking at business opportunities in Kuwait for some time now and have developed an interest in starting "Currency Exchange/Remittance" business.

I want to invest but need some guidance on Kuwaiti rules and regulations along with bank requirements etc. and how much money needed to initiate. Very much interested in meeting up with people who have/are worked/working for the exchange business here in Kuwait.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to replies

so basically u want to play the FOREX market?

from my understanding of the tax laws in kuwait, and business law, u as a foreigner cannot create a business entity without a kuwaiti partner. after that, as a foreigner operating in kuwait, u are subject to taxation on corporate profits.

u may want to read up here first before thinking of starting a business, as an investor ur profits are not subject to tax, but as an entity, and a foreigner, they may be.

Laws are complex for the exchange companies do not advise you in this activity, because the central bank stressing the attic because of the money laundering operations .. And for any queries
For another commercial activity you can email me ...

there are several brokers around who help the clients to earn through foreign exchange,you can offer them the Kuwaiti market and in return they can put their branch under your management.

@ Legacy - thanks for the info mate, i am sure the tax rates are much lower the one we pay back in UK :/ - tax is not the main concern its the actual process of running the operations

@q8rashed - thanks mate, yes you are right from some of my own findings, it seems CB-K has created big time hurdles for new starters. but still do share your experience if any

@ ace117 - i think you got it mixed up with stock/FX trading online. I am refereing to exchange business as in terms of Dollar Co, Kuwait Bahrain exchange, Oman exchange etc etc. but thanks again for your input

will wait on further comment

thanks again for all your posts