Internet speed?good for internet business??

Hi
Looking at maby moving to DR from Asia.what speed can i get in DR on internet?is it relable?or upp and down 10 times a day or?I work online so i need it to be stabil and maby 2-5mb minimum.can any one maby recommend some companies in DR so i can contact them.
Cheers
Len

We use Orange fly box and get between 2.0-3 down and usually 1.2-1.6 up

That is for here on the north coast. Those in Santo Domingo and even Santiago report higher speeds

Bob K

Thank u so much for the help.ok that will be ok.  Just thinking about electric?if  there is power out many time everyday?

Depending on where you are living you can have anything from basically 24/7 power to 4-8 hour or more of no power.

Most folks have a back up system of either an inverter or generator.

Bob K

Hi well i thinking Sousa.  But even if i would have backup in my room the internet supplier maby dont have. så all goes down in there end. If this is big problem it would effect my work to much.
if its eveyrday its no way i can stay in DR.That was bad mm.ok thanks.

Well internet speed better than I expected, fairly good compared to some countries.

re power -yes that can be a prob at times, some days no prob at all other several times a day, although as Bob K said normally there are back ups.

But can still be problematic, often as back up takes over, the short power switch-over will cause computer to crash, unless you have laptop with battery!

Also sometimes the router will be disrupted by power switch-over and has to be reset.

But on the whole its all fairly reliable and one just has to live with occasional hassle.

Like tp said we use labtops with batteries so when we do have a power outage (very rare for us) we don't use anything and our internet is wireless from Orange and as the modum is on a ups we don't lose that either.

Bob K

ok sounds good. Bob u say wireless?But i can get a kabel internet till my house?the house i will rent.wifi is not god enough for my kind of work,its kind of online support.i mean wifi were they have a router for rental guests to share will not work.Im planning to stay in sosua

All depends on what you pay for. You have the cash to have back up electric. Maybe 2 different internet companies in case one doesnt work. Or is you have the cash to live in a place where they have all the generators and electric backups you will be fine. Just remember, you get what you pay for and sometimes here you do not get that either