Christmas parties/events?

Anyone know of any good Christmas parties or other events for kids in HCMC? My son is 10.

ETA: I thought I put this in the Children's section but I guess it didn't work. Well, the X-Mas event would be for me, too, since I'd go with him so I guess here's just as well. :)

Sayang teman-teman,
Jika Anda berada di Singapura, datang dan bergabung dengan kami untuk merayakan Natal, dengan makanan, permainan dan undian. Panggil Sis Ruth di 90068564 untuk mendaftar dan mendapatkan tiket gratis masuk. Sampai jumpa di sana!

Tanggal (Date): 25 Dec 2011 (Sun)
Jam (Time): 10:15 a.m.
Di (Venue): Victory Family Centre Tampines, 20 Tampines Street 43, Multi-Purpose
Hall 2, Level 3

Kami tidak hanya mengorganisir pesta Natal tetapi juga Perjamuan Kehormatan dan kegiatan lainnya. Kedutaan Besar Indonesia telah mendukung kami dengan menyebarkan berita kami pada pertemuan / kegiatan untuk Bahasa Indonesia di Singapura. Kami memiliki cukup banyak tamu melalui Kedutaan Besar Indonesia menghadiri kegiatan.

Harap dicatat bahwa semua kegiatan bebas dan tujuan utama adalah untuk menjangkau Indonesia di Singapura, berbagi sukacita kita dengan mereka selama acara-acara khusus atau musim meriah dan untuk menghormati kontribusi mereka dan kehadiran di Singapura. Jadi, datang dan membuat diri mereka di rumah, dan menjadi bagian dari kami di Singapura!

In case you wondered what helenlihh68 was chatting bout:

Dear friends,
If you are in Singapore, come and join us to celebrate Christmas, with food, games and sweepstakes. Call Sis Ruth on 90068564 to register and get a free ticket to enter. See you there!

Date (Date): 25 Dec 2011 (Sun)
Clock (Time): 10:15 a.m.
At (Venue): Victory Family Centre Tampines, 20 Tampines Street 43, Multi-Purpose
Hall 2, Level 3

We not only organize a Christmas party but also the Honorary Banquet and other activities. Embassy of Indonesia has been supporting us by spreading our news on meetings / activities for Indonesian in Singapore. We have quite a lot of guests through the Embassy of Indonesia to attend the event.

Please note that all activities are free and the main goal is to reach out to Indonesia in Singapore, to share our joy with them for special occasions or festive season and to honor their contributions and presence in Singapore. So, come and make themselves at home, and become part of us in Singapore!

Now back to the OP's question concerning HCMC.

Most of the major hotels have children's parties, Rex was good last year.

The  usual swarm of Santa Claus will no doubt be out on Christmas Day Night as well as New Years Eve. Best viewing points are Le Loi and Nguyen Hue.

All the English language newspapers will have display adverts announcing the events.

Usually they have a very, very noisy firework display on New Years Eve, opposite the Rex, that sounds like the Army is clearing out old explosives.

Thanks, Jaitch. We've been here a few years but haven't gone to any X-Mas events other than my son's school things and husbands work things. We thought we'd check something extra out this year so I'll check out the hotels and newspapers. Thanks again.