Another Expat Moving to Ethiopia

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process, as most in this forum, looking for much needed assistance, information and support. I too am moving to AA at the end of July after living in Dubai (UAE)for the past 3 years.

I've been teaching English at Berlitz and am hoping that just 'popping' up at a school won't be for naught. having loads of problems finding information on teaching jobs (most are placement ads where you have to spend hundreds/thousands to get a job).

Would also love to work for an NGO that focuses on Women's Development projects (Microfinance or Empowerment).

Can a single woman just arrive in the country and find a job these days...teaching, working for a UN program, Peace Corps,etc.? what about a work visa - is there alot of red tape if you find a job after you've arrived - will you have to leave the country and then return to validate it (as we do here in Dubai).

Is there a website or link for finding shared housing rentals?

How is life during the rainy season - coming from the UAE, I don't even own an umbrella:-)

Like most wanna-be/newbies, we are excited about the prospects but a bit overwhelmed by them as well. So much we don't know and have very few people to get answers from...with your experience, what would you tell a newly (or about to be) arrived (NY) expat about life in AA?

thanks for your input and suggestions!

If you want NGO jobs, you can use these websites:
ethiojobs.com
ezegajobs.com
the reporterjobs.com
they are free.
if you want to work as an English teacher, you may contact Mrs. Gibson Youth Academy which is owned by an American woman.
Finally, I want to teach English in UAE.Can you give me your advice?

Hi nurhussen and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to post your questions on United Arab Emirates forum for better visibility.;)
It may help.

Wish you Good Luck,
Harmonie.