Keeping kids entertained in Singapore

Hi there,

Can someone give me ideas on how I can keep my 2 active boys occupied and entertained in Singapore.  Apart from getting information from insing.com, which has been a great help, I don't really know where to go?  Thanks.

1.go to the sentosa beach. many of us think that sentosa is a full day program far away and expensive. but for 6 dollars from harbour front areas, u can have a half day program at the beach. your kids will have fun and there is also a economical food court in the area.
2.take them to ikea. while u can browse around, the boys can be in the play area for about one hour or plus. then u can finish your day with a swedish meal. open 10-10 all 7 days but last entry into play area is 9 pm i guess
3. take them to wild wild wet at pasir ris area. the rides are pretty decent there and u can just leave the kids out there in the water park and they will have a ball. very close to pasir ris MRT
4. take them to changi village and beach. altho not a great place for kids, but it would be a change to see an island far away with some boats and a beach. get down at tana merah MRT and take a bus to changi village

hope the above helps, am new to singapore and wish i could help you better. have fun and enjoy

There are so many nice parks in Singapore, it is pretty easy to keep active boys entertained.
One of the thing I was doing pretty often is going to Bukit Timah  Nature Reserve. They can climb and enjoy the "jungle" feeling.
Or go to one of their water reservoirs (lakes) and the park around it. I recommend the Mac Ritchie one but there are plenty of others.

insing.com is indeed quite helpful. I found a lot of infomation there on art festivals, and I heard my friend made his kids sleep with penguins =D

Sorry for the late reply. Haha, haven't had the time to visit this forum as I was busy with work.

Thanks, Farangrakthai and ajitkoshy.

Your suggestions were awesome. Took my boys to Sentosa the other day and they totally loved it. Can't wait to visit Bukit Timah Hill soon.

kokikoki,

I'm really interested in the art festivals as well. Do they have it regularly, like every 2 months? What did you type in your search query on insing.com? Please give me more details about the penguins as well.

Thanks so much, guys. You were all such a great help. I've been blessed.

Try Downtown East. They have this eXplorerkid thingy where your boys can rummage and do their boy thing. There is also a small water theme park there called Wild Wild Wet.

Entertaining boys? How about if they behave good they can paint a fence? How about a race of who can pick the most garbage from the streets? You can have a hide go seek game at a park. Try a jogging route or go hiking. How about heading to the beach and have a sand castle contest? read books to them or go play basketball. take art lessons or tennis lessons. Take them to a old homes or a hospital to help the people out. JW