English speaking jobs in Copenhagen

Hi All

I have recently moved to Copenhagen and am currently sourcing work oppurtunities.

I am finding it hard to find work, I know the economic situation in Europe is tough and I take that into account but the availability of work for english speaking individuals seems scarce.

Can anyone reccommend  an avenue of work or a sector that I could look into. I have a degree in marketing and fashion experience.

The other option is to learn Danish, I have heard that it is a very difficult language and if your tme is limited in Denmark, theres no point in learning.

Would love to hear opinions..

Thank You

Hi Gemineb!

Maybe you could try posting an advert in the jobs section of Copenhagen classifieds.
It might be helpful ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Gem.

I did see your PM, I prefer to communicate in public forum where other people/expats can benefits from the conversations as well:-)

I have said it many times before: it is very difficult to get a job without being able to speak Danish, even when the economy is not strained.
Are you planning to live in Denmark for a long time or just passing through?? I really think you should begin Danish classes, not only to improve your job chances but also for your social life.

I do not know if there is any advice I can give you about the childrens paintings, try and approach some stores, maybe you could also contact some kindergardens and ask if you can advertise them there, especially in the “richer” areas, like where you live. Maybe you could also try and approach the international schools.
If you are going to start your own company and earn money you must remember to register with the tax authorities and make sure that you are allowed to run a company on the visa you are on. Everything in DK is very regulated and you will not want to violate your visa specifications.

I think you must focus on your field of training, otherwise you are going to look at jobs like cleaning, scullery, delivering news papers, etc.

How are you finding life in DK? Can you keep warm? :D
Good Luck wit it all.

Regards Sarah

HI Sarah

Thanks for the reply, finding the weather very chilly compared to South Africa but I seem to have gotten a bit used to it, if the sun is out i go out for a jog no matter how cold it is.

I think the Danish classes would be a good idea; without a job I have no way of meeting new people and networking so I need to find a channel in there. My only problem is I will proabably only be here for max 2 years and I am not sure learning Danish would be that beneficial to me as I will live in another country after this. But for basics its a start.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas