HII

Hi I am a new member... can you guys please help ...
I am looking to move to Hungary in the next few months to teach English or preferably work in an office .. will it be hard to find a job? what is the job situation like over there at the moment?

Thanks !!!!

Amy

Hi,

The next few months is still winter, ugly and unforgiving. Can't you wait till spring?
Anyway, there's huge demand for teaching English. The pay is probably less than you'd expect, if you do it legally the taxes and paperwork are horrible.

But you are warmly welcome :-)

If you are employed in Hungary your employer takes care of all the tax deductions from your salary and paperwork. The taxes system in Hungary changed this year to a flat tax which simplified the system.

EU citizens can move freely to Hungary, but if they want to reside in Hungary (after 90 days) even EU citizens must show a means of support and register with the Hungarian government and get a Hungarian ID card. If you are looking for work then the employer must demonstrate that your job can not be fulfilled by a Hungarian. Teaching English is a good example that may be best filled by a non-Hungarian as the demand exceeds the local talent pool. Currently unemployment in Hungary is quite high. So finding a job may be difficult unless you have a special skill.

You can also start a Hungarian business here if you wish, but the type of business will vary if you are required to have a Hungarian Partner in the business or not. The Hungarian Immigration office is quite competent in my experience, have English speaking staff, and can handle any inquiry you may have most effectively in dealing with the immigration paperwork. You can also contact the Hungarian Embassy in your country for more information.

szocske wrote:

winter, ugly and unforgiving

Personally, I like Winter. In fact, I like all four seasons. They each have something unique to offer.