Video conversion service

Does anyone know of a place that does video type services?  I've got some Sony digital Hi8 cassettes that I need converted to DVD.

LesNomades wrote:

Does anyone know of a place that does video type services?  I've got some Sony digital Hi8 cassettes that I need converted to DVD.

I had the same problem.

I just bought a Hi8 camcorder 2nd hand for EUR 40 and a video capture device for the PC for EUR 25, then just streamed it off to my laptop. Cheaper probably than using a service.

Overall, it worked fine although I could have done with some decent video editing software (and the patience to sit there doing it) to make a proper job of it.

I had the same problem.

I just bought a Hi8 camcorder 2nd hand for EUR 40 and a video capture device for the PC for EUR 25, then just streamed it off to my laptop. Cheaper probably than using a service.

Overall, it worked fine although I could have done with some decent video editing software (and the patience to sit there doing it) to make a proper job of it.

Thanks for the advice.  We still have the video camera and video capture device that we bought years ago, but our newer laptops don't have the right port for the cord. We haven't used the camera in years and recently found tapes that we'd totally forgotten about. We'd just prefer to pay someone to do it, because it was a real pain to do.

LesNomades wrote:

Thanks for the advice.  We still have the video camera and video capture device that we bought years ago, but our newer laptops don't have the right port for the cord. We haven't used the camera in years and recently found tapes that we'd totally forgotten about. We'd just prefer to pay someone to do it, because it was a real pain to do.

I know what you mean. I reckon getting someone to do the editing as well as creating the DVDs would be worth the extra just to remove the hassle factor.

Hello, LesNomades I know someone who can do this, he asked me  how many tapes you have and are they PAL?

Best,
Anna

Hi Anna -

Thank you!!!  I've got 4 tapes, 2 of them are not full.  They are probably NTSC (USA format) since the video camera is NTSC.  He can use our video camera to stream the tapes if he needs it.