Do I need a return ticket??????/

Hi Guys, I was planning to book my ticket to Dubai, as I am planning to be there in Feb of 2012. I am planning to only book a one way ticket. So from Melbourne to Dubai. So does anyone know if that is ok to do, or do I need to book a return ticket. Comments would be much appreciated thanks Guys!!!!!!

Unless you are a UAE resident, you need to buy a return ticket.

yeah she is write.......:)

If you are coming  here on a visit visa , you need to have return flight ticket for sure..

do u have employment visa? so no need for return tikect ok if u are commming on visit visa then u have to book ur return tikect also

any things so email me at [email protected]

To be on the safe side, it is essential to have a return ticket on hand but u might wanna keep it open for 6mths..just incase

hey!
two ways ticket is required when u will be coming as a visit visa!

hi,
i come from dubai last month and i had a single ticket, no questions asked what so ever

pm me if you want to know more

take care

Dear Millyluvrimaz and Londonguyindubai, As also responded above by other members also it completely depends on whats your purpose of visiting dubai. 1. if on Tourist visa- return ticket required; 2.if coming to accept some employment  and your employer must have sent you an 'valid Entry Permit', whose copy they must have submitted in original at the immigration counter, which you need to collect, in this case return ticket not required as such since Your entry permit (original) is enough to support your Entry and stay in UAE till the time you get a valid Visa.
Hope thats adequate response for your query.
Thanks. :)
Raghuvanshi

As an Australian, its not mandatory to have a return ticket, your visa can also be issued on arrival, its not a must that you will be returning to Australia after your visit.

Obslutely must have, becouse you come for visiting so when to go back.

Ok - Here's my problem. I have a visit visa to the UAE and will be landing in Dubai to spend a few days with friends I had gone to college with. But this is a temporary stop, and after the few days are up, I will continue on my onward journey to the US where I live and work. I have an itinerary (with Emirates) that indicates my route and dates of travel.

Key Facts
Route: Hyderabad => Dubai (5 days stay on visit visa) => Boston (valid work visa)

My nationality is Indian.

Do I still need a return ticket to India? It doesn't seem to make sense for me to get one, when I have no reason to be using it.

Any pointers?

Thanks!!

@ Akodi:

In your case, your ongoing itinerary, as evidenced by your holding of tickets onward, obviates the necessaity for a return ticket. They just want assurance you are not gonna become an illegal immigrant. My friend had the same situation when she came here to visit three years ago and flew onward to India.

Cheers,

Coby