New in Bahrain & seeking female friends

Hello All

I have just landed in Bahrain, living on Amwaj with my boyfriend and keen to explore the country and make lots of new friends.

For starters I would like to meet some new lady friends, so any women out there looking to catch up for coffee or shopping please get in touch.

Have a great month

A

Hi Anastasia,

Welcome to the forum !
I wish you will have a lot of nice contacts and make some friends very soon.

Cheers

Olivier

Thank you Olivier

I went out last night and met some cool people, mostly locals which is great

Enjoy your day

A.

Hi Dear Friend
Welcome to hot coffee or capachino in Costa Coffee Amwaj before the main door overlooking the big pool.
I am daily after 7.PM
I am Ebrahim education Consultant and translator from Bahrain.Can speak English , Arabic and some french .My interests include painting , classic music , camping , dine out , travelling and hanging out with friends
You are much welcome .
In case you intend to get your capachino please let me know confirming to my email: [email protected]

Best Regards
Ebrahim
Bahrain

capa chino? a chinese cappuccino? :lol:

lol i laughed at the capa chino too

thanks for the invite ed but as i stated for the time being i am only looking for females

its funny i thought my original post made that clear, yet all the replies both private through messages and public in response to my post have been exclusively from males

hmmmmmmm

Hy  Anastacia!
It seems that expats ladies here are already busy,  (drinking capo chino :lol:)but in Amwaj it's plenty of them, I am sure u will find nice company.
Ur post was absolutely very clear, well u know... men understand always what they want to understand...
Wish u a pleasant stay in Bahrain!

Anna (female, happly married :lol:)

Yet again the capa chino seems to be a popular hit on this thread too. :lol:

Anatasia, I hope you find the group of friends you're looking for and enjoy your time in Bahrain.

Anna, thanks for you laughter again..you must be drinking lots of capachinos !! :joking:

Jaz

:thanks: @Jaz sure, and of the best quality... I am sitting confortable drinking my capa chino while watching you washing your car...:joking::joking:

fayad2011 wrote:

yes i do need gf here

Wrong thread, wrong site.
Expat.com is NOT a dating website!

It doesn't surprise me that when a girl comes in saying she's looking for girl - friends that out from under every rock crawls a man seeking girl - friends they previously didn't realise they needed.  It's always the same, it's a good thing the mods stay on top of things or this place would soon descend into lechery and debauchery!

Hope you make some friends Anastasia_max.

Hi Anestasia,
Welcome to Bahrain , am a female, married with 2 kids, I like meeting new friends , if u want, we can meet for a coffee..
Amal

Agree Hag, Its a few out there who ruin a genuine thread and go off topic, its really spoils things for the ones who want to use the site as a source for help and advice :(

I dont mind the odd laughter here and there on a thread as its good to have a sense of humour - but when you get a silly answer, its just as well the the expat-blog team act quickly by slapping the individual and so and deserve a round of applause.. :thanks:

To the man that sent me a private message telling me he is looking for a girlfriend, i dont know whether to laugh at your or cry for you....get a life please!!!!!!!

PS Amal (dana77) coffee sounds good, ill pvt msg you
Jazzy851 glad to see some men still know how to act right, bravo to you ('im assuming you're a man)

Hope you girls enjoy your capat chinos....must try one some time:)

Hi Anastasia_max,
I for one use this site for advice and source of information to help me.. and at the same time, I like to post stuff to help others too... I feel this is the only way the site would work for the genuine expat-bloggers out there :)
Thanks for your kind comment and yes i am a man :D

Jaz

You'll really enjoy in here... safe place for foreign people.

coffee is good in royal garden, food as well..

anastasia_max wrote:

To the man that sent me a private message telling me he is looking for a girlfriend, i dont know whether to laugh at your or cry for you....get a life please!!!!!!!

Hello,

Please don't hesitate to use our reporting system  ;)

Armand

hi hw r u

Dear Anastasia,

I'm glad you have a good sense of humor because unfortunately many men on this forum really have a behavior problem and it makes me sad because it makes difficult to organize meetings like we can do in other country without any problem. Gender segregation, bad (and wrong) cliches about western females, loneliness of some here can unfortunately turn a nice coffee meeting to "hunting" parade. I've seen very nice guys turning into extremely rude drooling mad male full of testosterone while approaching ladies... It's a bit chocking and even scary sometimes...
I'm not judging but as Anastasia said: Hey guys, "get a life !"
Her message was extremely clear so trying anyway just makes you look pathetic !
I'm really encouraging everyone to use the reporting system when they receive inappropriate messages. We shouldn't let whatever makes our lady members feel uncomfortable happen !
This is and remains a friendly forum based on exchange, trust and goodwill and I really hope it stays like this.

Anyway, I'm happy you hooked up with some female friends Anastasia and I wish all the best to your new friend network.

Cheers

Oliver

I received yet another pvt message from a different offender and its just making me angry now.

Armand & Oliver (& the other kind sensible men that have offered advice) thank you for the responses, I am not sure I want to report someone straight away, however if either of them persist then rest assured I will report their behaviour to the moderators

At the risk of sounding conceited or worse still insulting someone, I would like to say this

In my initial post I made it absolutely clear that not only was I just seeking female friends now, but also that I am here with my boyfriend. We have been in a fantastic relationship and share a very strong bond for three years now. The behaviour by certain men is not only unwarranted and disturbing, it is absolutely disrespectful to both myself and my boyfriend.

How would these men feel if there were in a relationship and while walking in a mall with their wife a man just stood there and stared at her or worse yet made an advance on her. This is very similar.

I dont want a boyfriend or a man to go out with for coffee, I have one and I am perfectly happy.

In time I want to and I am sure I will meet other fantastic guys who i will be friends with, however I can assure you it wont be the pushy, disrespectful kinds and it surely wont be the kind that cant even read or comprehend simple messages.

I wish everyone a pleasant Saturday and a great week ahead.

Very well put Anastasia and Olivier.  I know through discussions with my fiance how difficult it can be to be a woman in Bahrain.  In her first week here she walked from the Gulf Hotel to a local shop to get credit to ring me...her lovely faince:D...and was propositioned twice, a group of men in a car asked her if she wanted 'to go for a ride' and the other asked her 'how much'.  All because she's a western female, blonde and on her own.  I was back in Ireland when this happened and was fuming!  It made her think twice about her decision to come over here in the first place and it scared her a little.  She is a free spirit, independent and confident but felt vulnerable without me.  It's a shame that it's like this here but that's the way of it.

As for here on expat-blog....boys...if you're looking for a girlfriend, which in reality means you're hoping to get a one-night stand or someone to use and discard, go elsewhere...you're not wanted here...as has been stated numerous times before, this is not a dating website.

Hag.

I feel for your wife Hag, such a shame....although she does sound cool and able to overcome it

The problem as I see it is that these men don't even read your message or mine and Olivier's before it, they just look at the picture and think fair game

I hope u like it in Bahrain

Hi just read your message !! Have moved here in September and I am looking to meet new friends!! I am new to this so very unsure of what to write! I am female ! Love shopping, the occasional drink and a decent conversation !! Michelle

Hi Ana,

i live in amwaj too (female), what do think of jogging or cycling for a starter? I jog at 05:30am around amwaj once, and waited for sunrise, it was such a nice feeling, specially in this weather:)

Hi! Michelle responding!! That is way way too early!! Although I do enjoy jogging!!!

you guys are funny

hi anastacia, hi everyone, im also new here in bahrain with my family in adliya and also looking for female friends......i'd like to meet, have coffee sometime ..i like to shop...a little bored for now as i dont know anybody yet...thnks

Hi Ana,
I'm looking for female friends to hang out with during weekend.. If interested, let me know.
Cheers,
Lulu

anna66 wrote:

capa chino? a chinese cappuccino? :lol:

lolllllllllllllllll;)

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Expat.Com is not a dating website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

1) This is a thread which is more than 6 years old
2) Expat.com is not a dating website

Mods, please close the thread.

Closed