Hi, looking for new friends with young chiildren

Hi, My name is Denise and I have a 13 month son and am working part-time and it sometimes gets lonely in the afternoons. It is really difficult to find friends who don't work in the afternoons. If anyone has young children or like young children and want to meet up in the afternoons or on Saturdays to go for a walk, have a coffee or a language exchange, I would be glad to show you around Toulouse or just meet up for a chat. Send me an email to [email protected]

Hi Denise

Have you tried Tots and Co (mumsandtots.org) - it's a support/info network for mums with little ones in Toulouse. They meet up in Leguevin every Tuesday and Friday (I think) but if you haven't got transport they also meet once a month in Toulouse. It'd be a really good place to start to find other mums in a similar position to you. Website's full of useful info/ideas for activities/advice too.

All the best
Emma

hi, i have tried them, but their activities are in the morning and i dont have a car. i work part time, in the mornings. thanks anyway
Denise

Hi again Denise

Are you in Toulouse itself then? So am I, I have three kids (8, 6 and 3) and although I do work I am around sometimes in the afternoons, so would be happy to meet up for a coffee. I know how lonely it can be in the beginning! You can email me at [email protected] if you want to arrange something.

Emma

Hi there i am moving in April so for time being we be living in central toulouse i have a 3 year old little girl,if you free anytime be great to meet up.I am also over this weekend to house hunt and see more of toulouse so should either of you fancy meeting then that be great.xxx

Hi there
Not around this weekend and it's proved impossible for me to meet up with Denise so far!! Life's suddenly got busier than it used to be! What brings you over? Airbus?

yes lol my partners job surprise surprise i think toulouse all air bus from what i have read on forums lol...I actually move 2nd April so this is last trip before the big day.

I dont speak french at all but am trying i find being a criminologist easier then speaking french:)that says something.

My partner works everyday and we be living rue de bayard not that i know where i am walking half the time so very nervous about everything.But am hoping weekend i can figure some basic things out.

aww jack in the box i emailed you few days ago lol i thought i remembered the name lol...I think its wonderful jack in box really do well done...

aww jack in the box i emailed you few days ago lol i thought i remembered the name lol...I think its wonderful jack in box really do well done...

lol :-)

am still struggling with a nursery for little one till august as starts then school.emailed a few heard nothing back,i think my google translate must make me look so stupid as my partner laughs so much as its all wrong he says hmmm..

ahh yes. As a general rule, do not use Google Translate! It's way too literal! Apparently this one is much better -  www.linguee.com. I've never tried it but others have recommended it. Hope it helps!

Thanks alot xxxxxxxx