Moving soon to GZ

hello members,
I will move to GZ next spring as expat for european company.
I'm Italian,I love travelling but I have never been in the east side of the world.
I don't know anything about GZ and I would like to receive any feedback about the city.
...A general overwiew from you will be very appreciated.
my question is: is it a luck to move and to live in GZ???

Thanks a lot

Hi antocuscy!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

thanks Armand,I hope to receive some feedbacks....

Hi Armand

Moving to Guangzhou myself early next year and, from what I've read and heard, it seems to be a great place to work and live. I'm really looking forward to it. I think you should too.

Michael

Luckily, u'll find GZ super crowded. :P

jjlovelva wrote:

Jj,thanks for your feedback!!i will enjoy gz (i hope...)

antocuscy wrote:
jjlovelva wrote:

Jj,thanks for your feedback!!i will enjoy gz (i hope...)

Hah,but u'll also find lots of gourmet from different area of china,which is a nice part of GZ

hi, armand. my name is morning . i am a cantonese. so i can tell you everything about guangzhou . i have a lot of foreigner friends. anything you want to ask me ?

Hi morning!feeling free to write any thing can help me for better understanding
Of gz life style...thanks a lot!

hi antocuscy, as jjlovelva said, gz is a very crowded city. i dont know if it's a great place to work and live.what i know is that more and more foreigner come to gz . so you can easily find a friend who can communicate with you. cause a lot of people come to gz for business ,so you should be careful . there are a lot of trap. if you want to exchange money , you'd better go to the bank. if the seller see your foreign face , they will put the price much higher. but still you can see a lot of kind people here.:)

Hi morning!thanks for your tips...if I definitely move to GZ, I will be there as expat for 3/4 years at least. So i need to have chinese mask to avoid this trap ;)
About the language, I need to know if there are international schools in GZ center where it is possible to attend a good chinese course for foreign people,even every day!!
I need to learn chinese as quick as possbile!!

welcome to GZ antocuscy.
For accommodation u can have a look at this artical"Accommodation in China  ("https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/china/825-accommodation-in-china.html)

In guagnzhou most of expats live in Xiao Bei Rd. /Tao Jin Rd. / you can conveniently enjoy your life around this area.

Night life:Around garden hotel you can find the cafe/ bar .or around
YanJiang Rd.

As for the language barriers,jst find a chinese girl friend or learn it from your new chinese friend :)

Welcome to Guangzhou! It is good luck to be here.

Guangzhou is clean, has good sunshine, convenient transportation and quite good facilities.

I have been living here for few years and i enjoy my time here.

The city has old parts and new parts, tradition and modernization. You can explore a lot.  :-)

Zoe

Good luck to you and best luck for myself as I am going to GZ soon. Hope to have a great working life at there.. Cheersss.

Oscar

Hi All,

I will be there too end of Dec for some business... but my question is, i think i will have a problem about language is it ?

With regards
Ammar

so many people coming to GZ..WONDERFUL!!!!it's a cosmopolitan city!!
other topic:
any problem with internet connection??Can I use freely my Iphone/Ipad with chinese SIM or is it an issue??

antocuscy wrote:

hello members,
I'm Italian,I love travelling but I have never been in the east side of the world.
I don't know anything about GZ and I would like to receive any feedback about the city.

Thanks a lot

Hi ,I am Yee ,from Guangzhou ,are you english teacher in china? no experience needed, my friends need foreign English teacher….about 100 to 200 rmb one hour….my phone number is 15915773129,my email is [email protected] ,thanks

chenyimin wrote:
antocuscy wrote:

hello members,

Thanks a lot

Hi ,I am Yee ,from Guangzhou ,are you english teacher in china? no experience needed, my friends need foreign English teacher….about 100 to 200 rmb one hour….my phone number is 15915773129,my email is [email protected] ,thanks

No I'm not english teacher. I'm engineer...

Hi Nice to meet you Antocuscy! i'm cherry, there is no problem to insert Chinese SIM in your Iphone and Ipad and you can use it perfectly.

hi ,antocuscy,welcome to guangzhou.i think you have been here.as they said,guangzhou is super crowed.the environment is not good,i live in zhujiang new town,tianhe district,i hardly see the blue sky.and the water of pearl river is not very clean.but,i can not complaint,compare to other place,zhujiang new town is good enough,here is not crowed,a lot of foreigner living here.i think you will improve your mandarin very fast because you live in guangzhou,everyone is willing to talk with you,to help you too.anyway,hope you have a good time in guangzhou.