Work visa

Hi, i'm an Indian and my employer has applied for my work visa about 9 days ago. i did check my status using passport no and my Nationality and it shows the Employment Visa is in progress.  they told me it usually takes about 10 days... is that true? and also i was told once the LMRA confirms every thing then i need to wait for immigration to grant my visa which takes few more days. if this is true, i need to know in spite of LMRA accepting every thing and shows ok or confirmed with my case could immigration decline visa to me, cause i have born in Iran and have Persian name though i'm having Indian passport. by the way i was working as IT in Bahrain in 2006 end to 2008 end without any problem completed my 2 years and left the kingdom back to India. and now got a good offer again.
appreciate your help.
many thanks in advance.

Hi java_boy and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse the different threads of the forum.;)

Hope it helps,
Harmonie.:)

Hi Java-boy and welcome to the forum,

There are a lot of rumors circulating around this visa thing and to be fair, it's not easy to see through. I've heard that sometimes visas requests are rejected because of your name origin or whatsoever. It happens, but usually, it happens in the beginning of the process. Before doing anything, your request will reach the Ministry of Interior to get a NOC (Non Opposition Certificate), once this is done, then only they will start the visa process.
The problem is we don't know what are the reasons why sometimes they reject names, it's difficult to apprehend.
Anyway, stay confident. Time isn't an issue because here things are always a bit slow and it's true that it'll take 10 to 15 days to get a visa, especially nowadays as we have a lot of holidays and government offices usually get one extra day... The 26th of Nov. was Hijri new year, the 5 & 6 is Ashura so it's also slowing down a little :D

Be patient !

Cheers

Olivier