Marriage visa question

Hi!

You can apply for a short stay visa allowing u to stay maximum 90 days.

All the requirements are available at the Swiss Embassy in Manila's website.

And sorry to disappoint you but no one is allowed to marry while you are staying in Switzerland as a visitor/tourist. A different visa is needed to be processed so that you can get married in Switzerland and the requirements are also available in that website.

NOTE:
Your boyfriend can sponsor your whole period of stay and all expenses related thereto. He must mention that in the Invitation Letter and attach copy of his bank statement for the last 3 months as well as his pay slips. Also, it can help if he can get a certficate mentioning that he is of good credit standing and I guess this is available in the Canton where he stays. In short, he must prove his financial capability to support all expenses of your stay.

Fear not in the event that the visa application is refused. You can make an appeal to the decision.

YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO CONVINCE THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO OVERSTAY IN SWITZERLAND AND WILL RETURN BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES. ALSO, THAT YOU WILL NOT LOOK FOR ANY EMPLOYMENT DURING YOUR STAY.

Set an appointment when all your papers are ready. The visa application form can be downloaded via the Swiss Embassy website.
Visa Fee is PHP3,300.00 non-refundable.

Best to be early during your appointment day because you need to answer the questioner that can only be handed to you during the appointment day. Write the Reference Number which the call center agent will dictate to you at the time that you are setting an appointment.

Good Luck!

By the way, you can apply for a visa 3 months before the planned visit/vacation.

Swiss authorities and foreign police have been much more cautious since late 2012 concerning asian fiancee. Reason is the exposure of a big thai prostitution ring in 2012. I would not recommend to state a false reason of ur stay. Marriage with a Swiss citizen means not that u get a residence permit. This is given by the foreign police and the roules differ from canton (province) to canton.
A false statment can be harmful to ur permission to reside review.

If all papers are prepared and the appointment is fixed early it could be possible to this within 2 weeks. But this differs from office to office. Also the marriage registrar is not stupid, he will see that the only reason for ur stay is to get married and not holiday. If he is biased against foreigners he can sabotage ur plans.

Easiest way in Europe is to go to Danmark, u can marry within 4 days and there are agecies that organize everything. After the wedding ur husband can register ur marriage and apply for ur resident permit.

Hallo Mike B F! Danke sehr! That's very well said... The Swiss authorities are very cautious as regards the matter. Anyway, for Filipino fiancees, the requirements are quite simple. The process takes 4 to 6 months. For Filipino fiancees/fiances, one is to get a Type D Visa in preparation for the marriage in Switzerland.

The waiting time might be tedious but it is part of the process so least to do is follow accordingly.

This process, soon I will go through it...

Hi,

Im new here on Blog.
I am also in the stage of marriage visa application.
I sent my documents thru Swiss Embassy in Kuwait and they sent to Migration in Switzerland.They were asking to my fiancee a certification from standsamp but the civil standsampt is not giving here as they require a document from migration/swiss embassy.
is any one have an idea what was that document they need?

Thanks a lot.

melanie78

Hi Anne,
How long you had to wait before your visa granted?
Would really appriate your reply.thanks:-)

hi im vham.i just want to know something about applying visa in swiss.actually im confusing where can i apply visa cause my husband to be is not a swiss he's british but working for almost 2 years in switzerland and he already stay there.we getting married this coming may 16,2013 here in philippines.and he want me to follow him after the wedding.hope u can help me...thanks and have a good day!

(Moderated)

Hi there
I live in Pakistan and am married to a swiss man...i have applied for swiss marriage visa.. My papers are also verified ... and now my file is under process in switzerland sine 2 months... Can some one plz tell me how much more time will ot take???? In the meanwhile i and my husband were asked to re submit my police clearance certificate and his medicle papers respectively, which we submitted 2 weeks back. Now how much more time will the swiss immigration staff take to issue me marriage visa ??

Plz some one reply me plz thx

hallo.. im dhezzie.. i just wanna ask how long it will takes the marriage application? i know its 4 to 5 months..  do i have to wait  6 months?

[moderated: not a dating website]

was haben Sie gesagt?

Hello simply_dhezzie and welcome to Expat.com.

As this is an english forum, it would be great if you could post your message in english.

Thanks

Karen :)

yah ur right.. thanks alot. i already post earlier my questions.. regarding the marriage processing time.. im worried how long is that.. i already been in Switzerland for my studies. i hope they will not find anything because my papers are clear.

HI EVERYONE ^_^
CAN YOU PLSS HELP ME....I WAS SUBMITTED ALL MY DOCUMENTS LAST MARCH 25 2013 AND ALSO FILLED UP THE MARRIAGE PREPARATION AND TYPE D VISA.....HOW LONG CAN I WAIT? CAN I ASK FOR THE STATUS OF MY VISA? BECAUSE WE ARE PLANNING TO MARRY IN SWITZERLAND WITH MY SWISS HUSBAND....CAN YOU PLSS HELP ME IN MY QUESTION?CAN I CALL THEM FOR THE STATUS? :(

Hi afcmktg_kalaw2,

Can you please avoid posting in caps lock this make your text hard to read. :)

Thank you,

David.

hello  ^_^
sorry for the caps lock .. i hope someone will give me some advice or answer to my question.thank you Sir David and thank you everyone ^_^

thats also my questions.. how i will wait for my visa? my dokumente  are now in Bern.. and do u think it will be longer ,,im already in bern last year for 7 months for my studies.. and i dont have problem when im there..

Hi!

Completing my documents required also for the same visa you did apply. Just arrived from Switzerland last Friday.

I did read your post before I return to Manila. Hhmmm processing takes 4 to 6 months so just wait. Although this somehow confused me because my new found friend had hers only after a month and yours already reached 4 months since you submitted your docs to the Swiss Embassy.

Now let's just pray that soon you will hear the good news:-) Have you ever visited Switzerland? I did two-time visits already (last year and this year)

Keep on prayin and think positive;-)

If the documents are now in Bern then those docs will be forwarded to the place where you indicated in your application as place where the marriage is to be officiated. Once your fiancé also is done filling up and submitting what is required on his part, then not much time to wait.

It takes 12 weeks in so far as what we were told when we phoned in Bern before I return back to Manila. Perhaps the processing depends really for every case and which canton the marriage is to take place.

Best, let your fiancé make follow ups even the same is not so encouraged in Bern. There is no harm in politely making follow ups;-)

Best of luck to all of us!!!

Yehey..... i already have my visa... alles jezt fertig..... and my cfo certificate also.. weeh... i will come back again in Switzerland.. nextweek.  ive been here for 3 months and i just waited one montha and a half... das ist zu schnell......thank  u
God.... i love u Black Nazareen......

Oh wow! That is really great to hear;-) So it took you one and a half waiting time? Now I'm being optimistic that ours will be processed as fast...

Did you attend the counseling only after you got your visa?
Care to share if how that counseling is conducted (in a group or one on one?) And how long before they can issue the CFO certificate?

THANKS!

Yes ..... ok i waited only one month and a half.. im so surprised and i cant believe it!! they said.. maybe i will wait zum beispeil 3 monate or 6 monate.. i got it.. ok about cfo. its  very important in naia immigrations.. i got it when i already have my visa. it will takes only 4 to 5 hours. the seminars is all about u and ur partners.. for example..your goals in life.. And that day also you will get your certificate and cfo sticker that will be attach in your passport.. but be sure to come there so early.. 15 slots only. first come per serve.....

THANKS! And what are the requirements for the CFO Counseling?

I am confused a lil' bit because it is mentioned that some other docs as the counselor may require. Did they require like for example pics, letters, etc.

Or it is only the following:
1. at least 2 valid IDs
2. Passport
3. Visa (when it is already available)
4. PHP400.00
5. and of course the forms that are needed to be filled up.

And how early one has to be there? The counseling starts at 9am. Is it fine to be there at 8am?

PLEASE... I really appreciate that you are sharing your "know-how" as you have gone thru it already. Again, "danke sehr!"

Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah.
I am half filipina half swiss (dual citizenship), was born in the Philippines but now residing in Switzerland
For almost 2 months. I have a filipino fiance who is also the father of my two kids. We are planning to get
Married in Switzerland and we will apply the marriage prepartion once all requirements are complete.
I already know what are the requirements both for his and my side. But my concern is, if what is the basis of getting approved. As of now i am doing part time jobs but havent declared anything yet. I have insurance and paying own apartment with my sister. Hope someone could answer my question. Do i need to have regular job? Thanks.

das sind alles...just bring also copies of your visa, passport and ids...Base on my experience.. i went there at at 7:am, and i was in 14 slots. and i asked some of them what time there are there.. would you believe, they are there at 4:am.. they are open at 6:30am and u have to fall in line and to wait for so long.. if u miss the slots.. u have to try and tommorow... Going there is easiy.. do u know how to come in pedro gil lrt station? then look for sta. ana jeep... and just tell to the jeepney drivers that u will get out nearby citigold building.. when u are there.. just walk a little and u will see a orange building and that the citigold building...... oder, come to quirino lrt station and take a pedicab and tell them the cfo and they will send u there... just pay 50 pesos.. other will ask u 80 pesos but that is too much.......

Hi simply_dhezzie!

I am half filipina half swiss (dual citizenship), was born in the Philippines but now residing in Switzerland
For almost 2 months. I have a filipino fiance who is also the father of my two kids. We are planning to get
Married in Switzerland and we will apply the marriage prepartion once all requirements are complete.
I already know what are the requirements both for his and my side. But my concern is, if what is the basis of getting approved. As of now i am doing part time jobs but havent declared anything yet. I have insurance and paying own apartment with my sister. Hope someone could answer my question. Do i need to have regular job?

Since u alreadt have the experience hope u can help me simply_dhezzie!
Thanks a lot!

Oh that is so nice of you to reply the soonest!

I am staying nearby so perhaps if it opens at 6:30am, it is safe to go there like 5:30am via a taxi to ensure to get there just in time.

I am looking forward that I can get my visa same as yours (1 & a half months waiting time only).

BEST WISHES in advance!!!

Hallo guten tag  mein name is dhezzie... if u already read the recquirements that are required. just do it.. but. u said u just only have a partime job.. but as my swiss bf requirements. he submitted some documents that contains some declarations like...his bank accounts, declaration of properties, his work for 2 years,, clear statement of accounts with no credits and etc..haben a good job ist besser. haben Sie das? you asking also  if will be granted!! if the swiss kanton wer u are is satisfied in your documents and they are believe of ur capabilities to get your love ones..they will..

yah.. i know u will get it soon..  und maybe  we can meet also in der Schweiz..... oh.. i  almost forgot.. save some pics of u and ur bf..because  u will have a interview and they will ask  to to show it up... before the group seminars of  different applicants.. nur going europe... ciao ciao... schonen tag......

Oh yeah I did ask about that too. So only pics? Not print out of the letters etc? thanks Dhezzie!

only pics....  letters are not needed......  and they will ask u about ur relationship with him... and why u love him... and etc...that's all.. come and visit me in Bern.

Oh I couldn't thank you enough! Yeah sure! I will send you a private message.

Hello everyone!

Good day! I am new here.. I would like to ask some informations. By the way I am Marj, 25 years old, filipina and single. I and my boyfriend are planning to get married in Switzerland. I have read in one of the sites that the requirements for the application of marriage for  filipino fiance  are Birth Certificate, original passport, community tax. I wonder if there's any additional documents so I can gather all before lodging it? How about my foreign partner's requirements? If I'll lodge it, should I submit all my documents together with my partner's or should be submitted separately?

How much exactly should I pay for the visa? What's the next step after lodging the documents? How long does it takes to wait for the visa to be granted?

I hope to hear your from you..
More power!

Greetings,

Marj

Hi.. just read all the comments here and ur questions will be answer all....  about the payment.. i paid 23,800...

Ich bin jezt in der Schweiz... und fühle ich sehr müde......  danke für alles....

Wow! Das ist sehr gut!(That is very good!) :-)

Hhhmmm... Now that makes me miss Effretikon much...
The plants I planted are now blooming with flowers and hopefully before the flowers are gone, I can also be back.

God Bless Dhezzie!
And again, best wishes!!!:-)

i will be happy to meet  viel Filipina here. und in der Schweiz..... hope to see soon......

hi everyone,
i am a mauritian going to marry a swiss man. i already send my documents, still waiting for a confirmation.:(

hi everyone. im ruby from philippines.

I had red all your questions. i have the same situation, i have a pinoy bf living in swiss and planning to get married here in my country. my question is that does it take long to get there on switzerland if were going to married here in my country? for how many months? and i heard that if your applying for visa to enter switzerland, they said that you have to learn and speak german before u could enter, is it true and part of the swiss embassy?

hope you could answer my query.

God Bless you all.

Got my visa too! It took only from Aug.8 to Sept.18, 2013! As long as all docs are in order and complete, then everything will be fine:-) Got my CFO Certificate and Emigrant Number too! It's mandatory for all Filipino fiancés/fiancées to attend the CFO Counseling. So never  ever take for granted to attend or you will not be allowed to board the plane.

I really appreciate Dhezzie for her unselfish sharing of her know-how. And to the Expat.com for making the thread of information available online.