Family Visa requirements - Working in KSA but Living in Bahrain

Hi All,
Another boring visa question I'm afraid.

I'm really struggling to find any information regarding what Family Visa I would need to get for the following;

I'm a UK Citizen with KSA residency (Iqama) but due to issues with getting family visa for KSA want to live in Bahrain.

For me and my daughter (both UK passport holders) it looks like we can apply for 5 year multi entry visas which is great.

However my wife is a Thai passport holder and all I can find is a 15 day tourist visa and possibility to extend for 15 days while in Bahrain.

So does anyone know if any longer visas are availbile for my Wife (Thai passport) so we can effectively live in Bahrain but not work in Bahrain????

Many thanks for any help.

only Umrah or visit thats only u can apply

just in case it was not clear...i'm asking about visa for Bahrain for thai passport not visa for KSA.

Thanks

Hello Hamlay,

Your situation is a little complicated.
Usually, people working in Saudi and living in Bahrain are following the process: Saudi Iqama for the worker, then Saudi Iqama for the family with multiple entry, then Bahraini visa.
Here you want to get a residence visa without working here.
You personally can request such a visa as you have a Saudi Iqama. But for your wife and daughter I'm afraid you can't.
To my knowledge, there are no such things as visit visas for 5 years, this visa is a residence visa you can get if you work here or if you have a Saudi Iqama (that your daughter doesn't have).

I guess the best thing to do is to contact the UK Embassy here they might be able to help you sort out the situation as they are more aware of what can or can't be done.
Here is the link to the visa application services : LINK

Cheers

Olivier

Thanks Olivier, helpful information.

As it happens my UK visa agent managed to get a positive result yesterday from the Saudi Emabassy in london after a 4 month delay.

So with some good fortune the family will be getting Saudi visas / Iqama's after all.
Think we'll stick with Saudi for the next 6 months until my apartments lease expires then think again about the possibility of living in Bahrain. Saw some fantasic Villas at the weekend in Riffa, was very impressed.

Great news !

Before going to Riffa, try to visit some houses in Budaiya, Saar, Hamala or Janabiyah. It's much closer to the causeway and will reduce your transportation time. The causeway is often busy, specially on weekends so the closer, the sooner with your family :D
You will find very nice villas in those neighborhood in a large scale of prices.

Cheers

Olivier