Moving to Dhaka in Jan '12

Hey there,

I'm fr Singapore n I shall b moving to dhaka in a couple of mths w my family. will prolly b there for abt a yr. been to BD numerous times but this will b a wild trip cos it's a "bag & baggage" situation.

used to having a nite life n doing my own thing here so i am a wee bit apprehensive abt staying in BD for a fairly long period of time.

i would like to find out how other expats r coping over there n if e lifestyle change is v drastic n dramatic ...

thanking u in advance!

Hi ani1010 and welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie.:)

Hello Ani weather in Dhaka is excellent. I just moved from Dallas Texas to Dhaka for couple of years. My mejor promlem is sound polution and trafic. Mostly i spent my time in a private club called Gulshan club. They have nice gym racket ball tennis swimming pool snooker movie theater resturant bar. If need any help let me know. Good luck.

been to gulshan club a couple of times during my last trip to BD. no idea where our accommodations r gonna b. hubby dealing w all that...thank god lol.

would love to meet up wen i get settled down. afterall, how hard would it b to get along w a fellow Libran lol.

Looking forward to meet you in Dhaka. Riad -10/3

Welcome to Dhaka. If anyway I could help u,feel free to ask.
Lutfar