Buying a camera in Ho chi minh city

I am contemplating buying a new camera. Specifically a FUJI finepix  model.
I need to be sure about a few things.
Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of, e g are there 'fake copies' of cameras to be palmed of with?
Are prices comparable with European prices?
Is there a reputable, genuine FUJI retail outfit in the city?
Any other practicalities I should be aware of?
Jack

G'day Jack.

Cameras are not as easy nor as lucrative to fake these days, due to the models' longevity - they become obsolete too soon.

Prices in Europe vary a fair bit - for example prices in Germany are far lower than in the U.K.  Prices is Vietnam so far seems to be pretty close to Singapore, Malaysia & HK, which I think are among the lowest. 

There's a shop on Le Loi St., called Khanh Long which I usually go to. They sell all sorts & are quite reliable.

If you're lookig for a Fuji compact, check out the new X-10 - it's amazing & I'm itching for one. It's not in VN yet though.

Good luck.

Thanks for that information.  I have noticed this camera store mentioned before but only in relation to Nikon cameras.
What I have in mind to buy is the Fuji Finepix HS20EXR or FinePix S200EXR
I will check the store first chance I get.Thanks again.    Jack

Hey Jack, did u find your Fuji Fin Pix? I'm looking for one and cant find a shop with any new Fujifilm cameras. Can u tell me where to look please.....

HI Lizreece1. I am back in the u.k now and bought my Fuji HS10 here,
While I was in Ho Chi Minh I found this shop and was offered a deal on a Fuji HS 20.  The shop is
    HONG 43,
    43 Le Loi, District 1,
     08.38216987   (information from a business card)
   This is within easy walking distance of Ben Thanh market.
There are a number of camera shops along this stretch, so you can shop around.
Incidentally, I was able to get my HS10 cheaper in the U.K than the HS20 I was offered in VN, so be careful about spending your money.
   I hope this of help to you, good luck.  Jack

Gee, youve got good records, thanks, I'll give it a try. If u r back in Liverpool you must have expienced a bit of a culture shock, I'm from the Wirral and in Nov it seemed dreadfully quiet. Liz

Hi Liz.  I am also from the Wirral.    Pensby,,   Do keep in touch.  I hope to get out to VN later in the year.  I have an eye problem I need to sort out but will be back as soon as i can.  I have some good friends in HCMC, if you need advice or help, I am sure they would oblige  Best wishes  Jack

Come to 328B Tran Hung Dao st, Dist 1 HCMC (Thảo Nhiên camera store)
It's a really good place to buy a new camera

NguyenKim electronic shopping center .

Hey do guys you know a good place to buy a fujifilm x10 or x20? Cheers

You should have opened a new string.

Fuji in VN: Fuji Film in VN

Fujifilm Việt Nam
Lầu 20, Gemadept
số 2 Bis-4-6 đường Lê Thánh Tôn
Quan 1, HCM
Tel: (84-8)3939-0847

List of Fujifilm dealers in HCM