Considering to relocate to Thailand to live and work.

Hi all :)

I live in Piraeus, Greece. The conditions here as you may know, are very difficult at the moment. Though I have always wanted to leave this country, present circumstances make relocation a must. 
I want to relocate to Thailand to live and work.  EFL could be an option vocationally, In fact I taught EFL for 12 years a long time ago here in Athens, I had my own private school of foreign languates for 3 years, and worked as an educational consultung as well as in the promotion of big foreign languages institutions in Athens.
After studying psychology and getting an MSc in Applied Forensic Psychology from UK universities, I have been working as a drug counsellor/therapist in the drug addiction treatment field for the last 9 years. I also work with drug offenders in prison settings for the prison programme of the drug unit where I work.
I know in Thailand medical tourism is a blooming sector, drug & alcohol regab included.  So, I am considering the field could be an option for me. 
I would appreciate your opinion on that and any advice you could provide. 

Thank you so much in advance.

Kate

Definitely pursue corporate work, as opposed to EFL work in Thailand.

The salaries for EFL instructors are terrible...about USD1,000 a month with no benefits.

With your experience and qualifications, you should really be looking at multinationals that could use you.

But why Thailand?  Other countries in SE Asia might actually be better for you; Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia.

Hi Mister Stretch :)

Thank you for your reply.  The truth is I am more familiar with Thailand than any other country in Asia.  I have been there only once on holidays, but during my 7 year work with Olympic Airlines I attended the flight handling of Thai quite often. I get some aquaintances - 3-4 people in Bangkonk as well. 

I can understand work in a rehab centre is more likely to be more profitable than teaching.  I have been told that it's on demand in Thailand. I must carry out my own search of course.

Why Malaysia or Singapore would be better destinations in your opinion?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]