Expats staying through the storm

Today after the situation escalated I called up my wife and told her that if it keeps escalating it's better to send her and her mother - who's staying with us for a few months - back home until it's safe again.

She said NO .... I am staying here because this is where I belong now .... We can send Mama back. Even Mama said NO she's staying no matter what.

THUMBS UP to all expats who don't just get scared and run away the moment things aren't so "peaceful" as they were.

good on you all for your attitudes.

Stay safe.

I am looking forward to relocating to Egypt in another three weeks.

Regards

im staying away :-)

It is not as bad as in january till now, and even at that time most of us we were here.

I won't leave unless I'm forced to :) This is history in the making, and I want to be here for my friends this time!

im participating in protest in tharir

Actually am proud of u all, thanks Elain for ur great feelings and for ur support

Ahmed, Chapeau to your wife, I actually respect her coz of her opinion, ur lucky to have a good wife with great heart,eventually u made me smile after all these news

Thank u for posting this Ahmed, and take care of ur self

I am staying as my better half is Egyptian and all our family is Egyptian. We also have a whole life here..work school and a home. Just not ready to pick up and go unless they say get out.

I will be staying here as my better half is Egyptian as well just waiting for the looong night to be over to welcome the new dawn !

I'm staying. It's not entirely safe: I've noticed more catcalls and stares from young men on the streets recently. And our bowaab has started bolting the front door at night. Aside from that I do feel quite safe (Dokki is one of the safer areas) but there definitely is an atmosphere, something in the air (I'm not talking about tear gas) and everyone is affected.

I am an expat.I have full confidence that Egyptians will rise and Egypt will recover into a great nation. I am proud for all Egyptians who are fighting for a New Egypt and for those who wants to claim democracy in this country. Egyptians are making history today and I fully support the courage in them. I dont feel fear being here and I want to be here.

I am an Expat from The US and I am Very Proud of the Egyptians who fight for freedom .I am very much in support of people who are willing to fight for equality and Justice. I have no Fear in being here. I have been in Egypt for 5 years now...I will stay until The US Embassy demands that I leave and I hope that will not happend again. I was evacuated to Greece back in Feburary of this year during the first upriseing.I returned as soon as I was allowed.

God Bless
Greg

I am american and was never told to leave...why is that. I just waited at home till my husband made it back into Cairo.