Working in Bali. Help Plz :)

Hi i am looking at moving to Bali to work for as long as possible, starting with a year. I have been trying to find as much information as possible as to how i can do this. Im ,am currently managing a liquor store so have a lot of retail and management experiance so i am looking at either that field or hospitality. How hard do you think it would be to get a job in a pub/bar shop or hotel? Any help would be appreciated. thanks taryn

Hi,

Can't say much it would depend on your job experience but if you're looking for a job in Indonesia, you might want take a look at www.jobsdb.com or www.jobstreet.com

It's not hard to find an opening in hospitality industry especially in Bali. Many hotels in Bali that you can apply too, one is going to open this year is Pullman by Accor Group.

International hotel would be good because they would consider to pay your working visa and arrange everything, but if you're willing to pay at your own cost I think pub/bar also possible.

Good luck

thanks for your reply, im not having much luck at all. Noone seems very interested in hiring a aussie girl. I'll keep trying for a little while longer tho. Thank you for the website and heads up about the new hotel opening. I gave them a whirl but no such luck.

Thanks again :)

Hiya,

I'm new here and I'm doing a TEFL at the moment so I can get a job teaching English, I've done a fair bit of research and this seems to be the best way of getting work over there.
Plus the pay is really good compared to the cost of living!

Good Luck :)

Hi, i heard that teaching english is a great wway to get a job, but i dont think id be able to pass the courses lol. Another question.. if i find a sponsor before i head over there, how hard would it be to find a job simply but looking around? Or is going over with a job lined up the way to go?

Teaching English is an easy way in if you are a native speaker from a 'listed' country. That does include Australia and the US.
You will need a company to sponsor your visa/work permit.
Be very careful if the company gives you excuses. Illegal workers can get three years in jail and deported.