GENPACT Company Bucharest - salaries in Romania

Hello all,

I got a job offer from a compmay named GENPACT based in Bucharest.
Has anyone heard about this company or working for them??..

the job is for the accounts department (entry level bilingual speaker) and they offer about 700-750 euro/month.

Is this a decent monthly salary to live in Romania??...if i include the rent price and the costs of electricity-gas-phone bills etc. i find it very low for an expat...

Please tell me your thoughts

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply and your info sssa

I asked a Romanian friend and he says the salary is quite normal for a Romanian so yeah, if you aren't a rock star you should manage.

i am not a party animal so i think i could manage...of course i will not save any money but what can you do these days?...thank you :)

did you start at Genpact??

no, unfortunately i didnt pass the interview because of lack of experience as they said. The funny thing is that they viewed my CV before they call me, so they already knew that i didnt have the work experience they want for the position!

oh, a little strange....

@ vangelis_gr  trust me the way you've been treated is no strange thing for the recruitment policy of the HR dep in these multi national companies ;)
They have the bad habit of talking much and doing little especially when it comes to actually hiring a person.

My advice would be to have less expectations in the future :)

hey Genpact is a good company in Romania, there are lots of call centers in bucharest you just have to take a look in the interwebs and maybe you'll find something else

Thanks for the info guys...well Genpact asks for too much and gives a little...i am not sure how serious Company it is, i already start searching for something else

hi ...i also had an interview with CGS company in Brasov and it was in the customer care call center and i didnt pass the interview coz they said that my IT skills were not good enough.its funny coz they read my CV and still called me for a two days interview just to tell me that my IT skills were poor.Whats IT got to do with customer care call center anyway.

Hello, i just passed all interviews with genpackt company, about accounts receivable position.
I could use some help before giving final answer.
From what i see they offer like arround 700 euro net monthly, but they did not say anythign about salary yet. (guessing they will mention it on the call i will get to confirm about the job)
I wouldlike to know if it is a good salary and further more some more details about cost of living in bucharest, like apartment rentals (fully furninshed), bills like water-gas-heat-mobile-internet etc per month and how about grocery stuff?
If anyone ould give me a heads up (info) as soon as possible as in 2-3 days i will get that call, i would appreciate it.

Hi, I just got hired and just strarted this week...when is your pre-hire orientation? I wish you all the luck!

Hi,

About the appartment, I found a one bedroom fully furnished flat for 250 euro/month but nothing  inclusive. I guess it's fine although it's not in the center. I would need to take 2 metrolines to go to Genpact (near Pipera station).

They say that your bills would be around 50-70 euro's a month, so I guess you should alot 320-350 euros for housing inclusive of everything. Food is not that cheap but it really varies. If you eat at the mall, you could pay 60-80 (15-20 Euros) Lei for a meal but if you eat in a regular place or in a fast food it's from 15-40 (3.5-10 Euros) Lei. I haven't been really shopping a lot but there is only a slight difference in prices if you go to a supermarkert (mega image, carrefour) and buy the same brands in Wes Europe. I guess the local brands are cheaper and the local shops are cheaper.

Anyway I'm still finding my way around here, so I'm not the expert but I hope I helped you a bit!

Cheers,

Clouie

Thanks for replying to the forum.. So you were already hired by Genpackt right? i had my pre hiring orientation meeting few days back and i got positive feedback, so they send me the employement offer and i m suppose to reply latest by monday.
So as you can imagine i m trying to find out as many as i can about bucharest. Like cost of living =rents, groceries, bills, internet, mobile etc, if u can help more i would appreciate it.
Can you tell me how u found the appatment? Did u check any site? And how about the procedures to open bank account, register in police etc? Is it easy? Did u get any help fpr that?
I hope i m not asking to much.
I am Maria by they way from Greece.
Nice to meet you.
Which position where u hired for?
Hope to hear from you soon.

As for the cost of living, I can't tell you a lot of details yet but I think it can be pretty cheap if you know where to shop and where to eat. The best way to save money is to cook your food at home :). Utilities are not that expensive so I suppose if you're living alone it is quite ok (but I haven't been here long enough to tell you exactly, sorry).

FilBelExpatinRO wrote:

I posted an Ad on here saying I'm looking for a one bedroom fully furnished flat and somebody from whitemountain.ro replied to that ad. You can do that too or ask around if you are already here. I haven't moved to tha apartment yet so I'm quite anxious.

Hi thank for the help, i also posted an add there now.

How do you find bucharest so far?

And did u start working? Everything good there?

All the best.

Just a thought but it might not be the best idea to put your employers name, your job title & your monthly salary on an interntional blog that has excellent google ranking.  If you do get the job, you might loose it in a milisecond if someone who matters to the company sees it. Ignoring the fact it could cause severe resentment for your colleagues not on such a package.

As a helpful tip though, you should be able for fund a decent rental apartment in bucharest or around 300 to 500e with bills included (as Clouie states below), at 2012 prices, location dependant.  I refer to new, foreigner-owned apartments with new furniture, not the hideously dated communist places some agents mpromote.

Good luck, get the most out of Bucharest, but come to Brasov for your fresh air at weekends!

Damian galvin, whitemoutain.ro

Damian thank you for your reply.
I guess u re right as far as mentioning the company name and salary goes.
Thank you for replying to the post.
I am afraid i am still looking into the costs of things in Bucharest and still searching an apartment, any tips on which areas are good and not expensive for an apartment?
Thanks for your time.