Life in Ha'il

Hi guys I am new to the forum and I am coming to KSA to the region known as Ha'il and I want to know more about the place

1. How is the place like.
2. Any nice places to visit.
3. How safe is the city for expats.
4. Any good places there for shopping.

I also want to know my company people said I have 2 get my own internet and that too cannot take broadband as the company is far from the city so my question is what is the best way to get internet and what is the best provider (plan) whose network can reach in the outskirts of the city.

U r humble advice will be appreciated thank u

Hello,

I work at the University here in Ha'il.  It's a small town, not much shopping, but you can get all of the essentials.  There are mountains where you can go hiking and you can go camping out in the desert.  Other than that, there are some parks where the locals go to picnic, but I think it's only for families, not for single men.  Internet is available - its around SAR 350 ($100) per month.  Other than that, there's not much by way of entertainment.  It's quite safe from what I can tell (then again, I don't get out much since I'm a woman - lol!)There is an Indian grocery store called "Ruby Supermarket" and it's located across from the Adnan Centre/City Flower store in the centre of town.  You can get most Indian spices and food supplies here with the exception of curry leaves - they're not always available.
Hope that helps.  Where will you be working?

SIS

Hey thanks for the reply..... I will be working in a company called Almarai u might have heard the name... they have a poultry division just outside the city... I will be working der as a QA officer...

Hi,

I am an Indian Doctor who has just got appointed by the Ministry of Health to Ha'il, Saudi.
Can someone please tell me what to expect in Ha'il. How is the climate?. What sort of accomodation is available? what is the cost of living for a bachelor?
Appreciate any info please.

doctor67 wrote:

Hi,

I am an Indian Doctor who has just got appointed by the Ministry of Health to Ha'il, Saudi.
Can someone please tell me what to expect in Ha'il. How is the climate?. What sort of accomodation is available? what is the cost of living for a bachelor?
Appreciate any info please.

Welcome to EB and KSA. I think SIS has given the brief insight about the Ha'il.

Cost of living for Bachelor - No limit !! :)

Good Luck.

Can some tell me more about the Life in Ha'il for expats.

This is my first trip to KSA.

How much does it cost to rent a  furnished one bedroom apartment?
Are expats allowed to travel freely to cities like dammam or riyadh?
Are there any expat medical professionals in this blog that can tell me more about Ha'il hospitals?

which and what facities are there in Ha'il hospitals?

Is there any big hypermarkets in Ha'il?

I will appreciate any replies  or suggestions.

Hi, I m new to this forum. I am going to join university of Hail. Can anyone help me to know about the cost of living here like apartment rent food car internet etc. we are a family of 3.

hello :)
the post is about 6 years now
how was your experience there :)

hello.
i am looking for an Indian school for boys for classes above 8th onwards .
can anyone please guide me
in september i will be  joining a job in hail
thank you