Keen to Migrate to DR & also Starting a Small Handicrafts business

Hi All,
I am currently living in Kenya - East Africa and considering seriously to relocate to the Dominican Republic to live and work there, preferably Santo Domingo. I have a Masters Degree in International Business Management with vast experience in International Trade Promotion. I am very fluent in English and can speak very basic Spanish.

Am keen on opportunities where i can put my skills and experience to use i.e.partnership in Consultancy services in International Trade, promotion & marketing. I also have interest in starting a small business dealing in Hand made products - Handicrafts e.g. African Jewelery; Fashionable Sisal Beaded Baskets & Sandals; African Wood Carvings; Soap Stone Carvings etc.

Anyone interested or with ideas to share on how to go about all these in fulfilling my dreams?

Hi Keen to Migrate amd welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Santa Domingo forum for better visibility.

Harmonie.:)

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum.  I am a high English teacher and an adjunct professor from the University of Phoenix Online.  I plan to relocate to Santo Domingo soon.  I have a Master's Degree in English and completed my doctoral studies in Conflict Management, with a minor in Business. Does anyone have any ideas for a teaching job?

Thanks,

Manes

Not to Burst your bubble.. But there is a ton of African Handicrafts in the DR.  Remember, it's right next to Haiti....