Easiest way to marry a german nationale

Hi
Im in manila and my german boyfriend and I plan to get married outside the philippines. We are both in our late 30's and very much in love :)

Can anyone suggest on how to get through "german bureaucracy" that I be able come/live in berlin in the shortest possible time.

Tic.tac.tic.tac ;)
Thanks
seawolf2

Hello seawolf2 and welcome to Expat.com!

Why don't you take a look at the different discussions of the forum? This may help!

You may browse articles form our participative guide too.;)
Follow this link > https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/germany/.

All the best,
Harmonie.:)

Hey Harmonie

Thank you for this ;)

Blessings
Seawolf2

The German buerocracy for marrying a non-european foreigner is VERY complicated.
A friend of mine (wanting to marry a Singaporean) needed 6 months and EUR3000 (mostly for translations/certifications) to complete the necessary paperwork.
I married my (also Singaporean) wife abroad and had much less problems.
So I can only recommend you to marry in your home country. Getting a foreign marriage accepted is MUCH easier and you can then easily get a visa and work permit.

Thanks for the info, Beppi
wow! 6 mos and 3k euro! too much and too long ;)
We do plan to get married first, somewhere in Asia in February, we are still looking :)

i suggest that u do marry in philippines better than abroad like hongkong. next step u had to study at goethe institute in makati for A1 , while studying u can apply for the visa.

hey seawolf, i married a German here in Germany, with NO complications!!no MONEY needed!!!! just sign the papers!!well it went 100% all well =) all you have to do is come over!good luck!!

There are reasonably priced (EUR600-700/month last time I checked a few years ago) full-time German language courses at universities and Volkshochschulen. You need 6 months of that to get a certificate that helps with visa and job applications. I think you can even get a student visa to attend these courses (but you cannot on a tourist visa stay long enough to learn the language).
I believe you can only learn a language in the country where it's spoken. But if that is not an option for you, the Goethe institute offers similar part-time courses worldwide. You need 2 years to achieve the same certificate there.