Internet in Sri Lanka

I'm considering moving to Sri Lanka - I am lucky in that i don't have too many constraints when it comes to my desired location. One stipulation is that i have a relatively reliable and speedy internet connection. Based on their experiences can anyone advice on this.

well , if you planning to get an landphone by SLT (Sri Lanka Telecom) you can get ADSL 512kpbs or 2MB connection for 15US$ -50$ per month , connection and speed is reliable,
if not you can get mobile 3G connection with HSPA modem the price would be almost same but 3G coverage is not there when you go out from city then it will switch to GPRS which is pretty slow.
so the best thing is go for ADSL , its fast and no bandwidth cap

I suggest you go for the ADSL office package rather than the personal package, if your on the move I suggest the data card rather than the HSPA its cheaper.

suggest you check with the some of the service providers so they can better meet your req. Dialog, SLT, Mobitel are some of the good options you get.

HSPA is good in colombo , if you are planning to work out of town , its hard to find 3G , that case speed goes down like nothing , but in colombo its really a good option.

Slimsl
hello
how are you?
you live in Sri Lanka??

Slimsl

Write me at [email protected]

:) ok