Friend looking to move to Bahrain

Hi there,

A good friend of mine from Canada is looking into moving to the Middle East for work. He is twenty years old, and is trying to save up for university. He only has his high school diploma, so we're both curious as to whether or not it would be logically possible for him to find a job there. He has an impressive skill set, I must say, so I can imagine he'd be able to do anything an employer throws at him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi Deestrangled,

Nice to see you again :D
It's not that easy to find a job from far away... Especially when one doesn't have big diplomas to wave at the employer nose to make him hungry !
Your friend would certainly be able to convince the employer in a face to face interview but how to get there in the first place ?!

My suggestion is to check the online newspaper (I already gave the links in a another thread, if you don't manage to find them let me know) and to send resumes wherever he feels he can fit.
As he is young and inexperienced though, I hope his salary expectations aren't too high because I'm afraid there is no way that he gets a Western expat salary. Your message says he wants to save for the university, but employees salaries are much less than in Canada here ! So much for his saving plan :D
If there are other motivation, than it's different....

Hope this will help a little !

Cheers

Olivier

Thank you so much, my dear! Great to see you, too :P

Haha, there are always other motivations ;) I am having so much trouble with the online newspapers, I don't know if it's my computer or if it's the website.. but could you link me to an example site, please? I would really appreciate it.

Again, thank you <3

I would agree with Oliver's post that its quite difficult to find job from far away, I don't know about the job market in Bahrain, but I have lived in Qatar over the past 7 years and knowing the market over there, your friend can find some thing that might be suitable for him; but first he has to go there, enter the country with a visit visa, spend some time to know the country. Also He can apply for work at any language training center, they will give him some kind of short training sessions and he could be able to teach English language in these centers; this might be of interest to him as English or French is a native language for him.

Hope this will help ... Good Luck

Regards,

Thank you, Vido <3