Successful job interview in Australia

Hi,

passing a job interview in Australia can be a stressful moment, especially you are not familiar with the cultural and professional codes of the country.

How to successfully pass a job interview in Australia ?

What happens during the interview ?

What are the do's and don'ts during a job interview in Australia : what to say or not, what to wear, how to behave ?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with us !

Julie

I really hope that I can successfully get a job in Australia but how?

I graduated from University of Western Sydney Australia i year 2001. That time I never though of working there because miss my family so much, now I am more mature in handling this emotional feeling.

[moderated: no free ads pls]

Jennachew wrote:

I really hope that I can successfully get a job in Australia but how?

I graduated from University of Western Sydney Australia i year 2001. That time I never though of working there because miss my family so much, now I am more mature in handling this emotional feeling.

Dear Jenna Chew,

One of the possibilities of making sure that you have a job here in Australia before coming over is if you are able to get your employer to agree to transfer you to an office here. It will eliminate all the risk of being unable to get a job or taking a long time to find work. However, not all employers are willing to do this, of course. You might want to check on this.

You can also apply from Malaysia, but based on feedback from many people and their experiences; it is, in practice, very difficult. Some of the luckier ones with special skills are able to do so. It might be worth it to try, if you are someone with skills which are highly in demand.

Rgds,
Hock Siew