Is it safe to live in south africa with family

Hi,
iam indian we got an oppurtunity to work in capetown is it safe i read that crime rate is more plz suggest me.
how much sal i can expect for software professsionals
abt schools when the acadamic year starts my kid is nw 3.8y
please help me
thanks

Hi.

Is it safe you ask...! Is it safe anywhere, really? I think safety is really relative, and depends very much on your own behaviour. I have live in Cape Town for years now and never had anything bad happen, but then again I know how to behave. It also depends on the area you live in, where I live it is very safe and you can walk out at night, other places you cannot do that.
I do not know how it is in your country but where I am from, (Denmark) children play on the streets and on public play grounds without adult supervision, they walk to school by themselves and go visit friends, in South Africa, you cannot do that, here children are supervised all the time. Most homes have security systems and bugler bares on windows and doors.

I do not know what type of salaries you can expect. Maybe check this website to see what similar positions gets. www.gumtree.co.za

The school year starts in January, However if your child is not yet 4 years old, he will be able to attend a preschool where they do not follow the school year, so he will be able to start anytime.

Good luck with it.

Regards Sarah

Thanks for the reply

is it safe in johenberg for indians to stay ?how much salary for IT professionals shall i ask for acccomadation car medical etc i have 12y of experience.can i bring my family along with me if i got an offer else first i have to settle then i have to bring my famly?plz help me
if any indians are  staying plz reply your experiences
thanks

Learning....:)

Hello diamond2011.

Please note that this post is from 2011 :rolleyes:

Regards

Karen.

karen1604 wrote:

Hello diamond2011.

Please note that this post is from 2011 :rolleyes:

Regards

Karen.