Migrating to Canada

Hi, Everyone,

My family is planning to move to Canada in 1 to 2 years from now.  Can someone advise us about job opportunities, School and safety in Vancouver, Toronto and Alberta ?

My husband works as a construction manager in property construction industry.  We have 2 school going children - 1 in Year 7 and 1 in Year 5 now.

Thank you for your time and advice.

Cheers, adrienne

Canada is generally a pretty safe country, so any reasonable precautions should be adequate.  Alberta, as I am sure you know, is a province rather than a city, but it is booming at this time and there seems to be a lot of work there.  Toronto and Vancouver are both lovely and have very different feels to them.

The schools are generally good, there are public and private as you might expect...do you have more specific questions?

Hi Adrienne,

I am in Vancouver and although the economy and construction has slowed down here, there seems to be reasonable demand for skilled construction workers and managers. You could get to Canada pretty easily with your husband's experience.

Schools are pretty good too. We are from the UK and I'd say were happier with education here than in UK. Crime is low, though it depends what you are comparing it to.

You can look into the options of moving to BC via my web site :
relocation2bc.com - and feel free to email me directly for help.

Warmly,

Frank

Hi Adrienne
It is interesting as we are in almost the same situation as you! Husband a construction manager and we are looking to move in 1-2 years - no children yet but there will be a we are thinking of a better future for them. Construction is a well sought after job for Canada, and education is a top priority in Canada so it seems to be the right country!
It would be great to share our findings! I also see you are from Kuala Lumpar - we are actually going to be there at the end of the year on holiday! And to Thailand.
Nikki ([email protected])

Hi guys.
Like Adrienne and Nikki I am nearly in the same situation, in that we want to move to Canada but are probably not as far advanced in the process. My husband is a Joiner/Carpenter and I work with the local authority on environmental and litter strategy. We have 3 young children and would love to move to Toronto.
Although i have no idea how to start the migration process, work permits visas etc? Do i look for work first or get all the formalities organised, i have no idea whats the best way to go? I have been in touch with some of the migration experts, they have been pretty vague!
Any help would be fantastic at this stage.
Many thanks in advance
Hania