Spouce visa or fiance visa?

i need your help guys..
me(a filipina who work here in sinagpore ) and my american boyfriend are worried about the easiest way for me to come to the USA...my parents wants me to marry him in the philippines... coz if not they dont allow me to go there :(

but they said that the easiest way for me to come to usa as soon as possible is to use of fiance visa... but in fiance visa, i believed that we need a lot of proof and evidences to show off to the embassy... but me and my guy we are just dating for a month now... and we both love each other and like each other.. i know it's crazy but we both have mutual understanding about living together... people said that we need to get to know each other first... but as you can see people who dated long period of time in the end they just broke up.. so our problem is if we use fiance visa... we dont have much evidence to show off... and also i guess spouse is more proof that we are really together...but i dont know the requirements....i hope somebody can help me about this :( .. if ever i am married in the philippines with my american bf...do u think i can process the spouce visa here in singapore ?

> but as you can see people who dated long period of time in the end they just broke up

What (other than love-blindness) makes you sure you won't?
And if that happens, a divorce in a faraway place is NOT what you want!
Better stay (live) together at least half a year to see if the relationship is stable before you take any further step.
Then you also won't need to worry about evidence.

hello riyn,

Here in Philippines, my friend also had an American boyfriend and and they get married here in Phils. after 2 months of meeting. When her husband wants to take my friend to US they just go to [Moderated] and they do all their the paper works needed to be done. They even guide my friend guide thru government interviews, classes and other requirements as well as her government's paperwork. You don't worry about how many months you've been together or any evidence to be there in US.

I agree with Beppi, what makes you sure you wil never break up?
again, US as far as I know is very strict from immigrants or people trying to go to their country.
Your fiancee cannot save you, unless you have solid proof that you are together.
they will just laugh at you if you use the same excuse and having a relationship as early as one month.
this is reality darling, even married people for a month or a year breaks up, what more a relationship with not so much bearing like married couple.

Though it's highly likely that the original poster has already broken up with her American boyfriend, there may be other people with such questions so I will give my two cents.

My wife, who is Japanese, and I met in Japan, dated for one year, got married and lived there for another year and a half before getting her a visa to move to America with me.  We needed to provide affadavits from people who knew us, pictures of us together in many different places (such as international trips together), love letters, etc....  Even still the USCIS requested more proof of the legitimacy of our relationship.

I don't know what they would say if we had only known one another for a month but I imagine they would've told me to expletive off.

Another consideration is that unless you or your boyfriend are very well off financially you will need someone from his family to sponsor your visa (i.e. promise to pay for you should you have any financial crisis).  With the economy as it is these days they take that VERY seriously and are not interested in allowing anyone to enter the country who might some day need government assistance.

My honest advice, aside from getting to know the person that you want to marry, is to reconsider moving to America.  It's not all it's cracked up to be.

I agree with the others who advised you spend more time together before worrying about applying for PR in the US.

My husband is a Singapore citizen and we met while he was here in the States (I'm a USC). We married less than a year after we were together (but it was close to a year) so we had little documentation. From what I've been told by immigration lawyers, many couples do not have much evidence when they initially apply for PR. However, it WILL look suspect to the government that you married so quickly. That's why it's best to establish your relationship longer before applying - otherwise they'll assume getting a visa is why you rushed in to marriage.

You can apply for PR while overseas, though it takes longer. You will still have your immigration interviews and everything you'd have to do if you were in the US. The costs for ours was somewhere around $1,500US and we got a lawyer, which was another $1,800.

In your case I highly recommend a lawyer. They help walk you through everything and will review your case to make sure there are no issues that could prevent you from getting accepted. So, wait it out a bit and start getting documentation together that shows you're a legit couple. This means open a joint bank account, get anything you can (health insurance, car title/insurance, rent/utilities, etc. in both of your names). Save as much as you can to show how far back you can prove you were together when the time comes.

Take your time - no rush! Good luck to you both

Hi guys, i need some help and information for a fiancee visa, i am legally married in the phillipines from my first wife, but we are separated for almost 10 years now, my first wife wont file the annulment since our lawyer advice us that to speed up the annulment process, my ex should be the one to file since she has all the grounds to fie the case, but she wont, now my fiancee who is a filipina, living in new jersey and awaiting her oath taking for her u.s citizenship, are asking me to get some information from the experienced people, because we are planning to get married in singapore, even though i am not annulled from my ex, will it work for us? and can she file a fiancee visa for me? will it be a consequence or problems? please help us, thank you..

If your partner has a residence visa for Singapore and your partnership is recognised/registered in your home country, you can get an LTVP based on that relationship. But the authorities are suspicious of such setups (which are not possible in Singapore itself), so be prepared to show further evidence of your long-term partnership (like joined bank accounts or utility bills). If you are together for just one or two years, you are probably out of luck here.
Marrying in Singapore will not be possible before you are divorced from your other wife, except if you are Muslim (and even then only in exceptional circumstances - contact MUIS).