Permesso di soggiorno, help! =)

hi there, i just wanna ask if what will happen if you didn't attend the appointment at Questura they gave you(for fingerprints etc.)? i actually already registered at the post office and paid the necessary bills etc. and i already have my appointment on nov.16 but i need to go back to my home country because i have to attend my classes and finish my studies. i just plan to go back on march 2012 in italy. i have a type D visa(multi-entry) and will expire august 2012. i am here for petition purposes or for family reunification because my mom is working here but since my semestral break is not enough to get my permesso, i plan to go back here march 2012 and that's after my graduation. now my questions are:

1.) can i go back to my home country without attending the appointment at questura for my permesso di soggiorno?
2.) what will happen if you didn't attend the appointment at Questura they gave you?
3.) can i go back to my home country and return to italy without any problems? if yes, what am i gonna do after returning here in italy to get my permesso since i didn't attend the first appointment they gave me.
4.) what do you think is better, (a)to attend first the appointment they gave me for fingerprints etc. then i go back to my home country but i can't get my permesso on time since my return in italy is march 2012 OR (b)i will just go back to my home country and not attend the appointment and just make another appointment if possible after returning back?

i'm sorry i have so many questions, i just don't have any idea and i just need an answer as soon as possible, thank you so much..God bless...

Hey Xavier have you had any luck? I have a similar issue, not sure what to do!!

Hello:

I am moving to Italy and want to be legal there. I have 2 questions.

1. Is anyone familiar with the documents, procedures etc. required to get a Permesso di Soggiorno for "Residenza Elettiva"? My income comes from the USA so I was not planning on getting a job in Italy, although that would be even better. The Italian Consulate in America is no help...they give you the standard, discourteous, bureaucratic nonsense.

2. Second question regards receiving our household goods in Italy. We already experienced having to PAY to receive our own clothing..paid to ship it from the USA, THEN ..,customs in Italy demanded payment of 75 euros to receive the box! I am shocked that anyone has to pay for receiving their own personal effects! I can understand if it's commercial and for resale, but to receive your own shirts and ties?

Please, does anyone know a way around this??

THANK YOU!!

Hi horseman2012,

You should start a new topic with your questions on the Italy forum. Thank you.

But doesn't this page here deal with the Permesso?   That's  the title of it.

Christine wrote:

Hi horseman2012,

You should start a new topic with your questions on the Italy forum. Thank you.