Work Visa Hepatitus C Virus (HCV) antibodies

I was found to have the HCV when obtaining the required clearaces to come to Kuwait for work.  I checked with kuwait embassy in US and they stated they would issue clearance with letter from doctor saying the virus was cured (as the antobodies will always be there showing you once had HCV. My sponsor has now informed me that when bllodwork is done in Kuwait the visa will be rejected because the antibodies are there even though I don't have the HCV. I would reeall be thankful if anyone has had or knows someone who has had any experience of knowledge.

This is what I have been told - If HCV antibodies show up in the blood test done in Kuwait, the visa is liable to be rejected/delayed. This is more so if you are a health worker or would be in any sort of risk of communicating disease.

I would suggest that you ask your employer to find out on your behalf. Also ask the embassy in the US. Let me tell you from my previous experience, it is not easy to come here and to seek information especially if you dont speak the language.

its good to have a doctor on this forum.