NGO working hours/ Public Holidays

Hi everyone,

Anyone have any general ideas of what office hours for NGO's are likely to be in Phnom Penh? And are there any public holidays etc during December, Jan or Feb?

Thanks so much!

Nat

Hey Nat,

I work for a small NGO in PP and my hours are typically 8am-12pm and 2pm to 5pm. I find other NGO workers have similar hours, give or take a half hour during lunch.

Not too sure about holidays though, but hope this helps!

-Lauren

Hi all!!!

I was wandering anyone can help??? Would like to work for NGO...can anyone give me any tips or put me into the right directions been looking............cheers x

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been working/travelling in and around Cambodia for a few years, so I'll try to help where I can. NatM as regards to holidays see this link holidays.

maliy29, there are a lot of NGO's operating in Cambodia, but well paid positions are very hard to find unless you know the right people. Often volunteering is a good avenue to get into it. Unless you have some capitol to invest. I think you need to decide what area of international development you want to get into and narrow it down from there. Unfortunately jobs don't come looking for you!

Thank you Dogeatinghotchips! that's for sure....I think I have better luck teaching and working at the embassy. xo all the best!