Possible to obtain a visit visa for wife while I am on a business visa

Hi all

I am relatively new to the the Kingdom, so forgive me if this question has been asked before.

I continually work on rotating business visas and am currently on a 90 day visa with 60 days duration of stay. Can anybody please tell me if it is possible to arrange a visitors visa(for a few days)for my wife to come to vist Riyadh from Ireland ?

I would greatly appreciate any advise on this matter

Thanks

Hi Charles,

The blogs are built to ask good questions again and again :)

No, family visit visas are issued for iqama holders only but please do talk to your HR. They may have provisions/ways.

The only way for your wife to visit you is to obtain a business visa for her. (its possible)

Visit visa's are not applicable for business visa holders.

Answer to your question is Yes. Atleast that's how it is for Canadians.
Must be same for you Uk and U.S Nationals too.
Now if you remmember, when you submit your application at the embassy of saudia in your home country, you have to fill out an application form.
On that application form, it asks you if your wife is accompanying you. There is an entire coloum for supouse's information.
Process:
Now Firstly, when you company apply for Business visit visa, they should mention that your supouse will be acompanying you. It should show that on visa copy (electronic visa document with authorization.
secondly on the letter to embassy mention your wife will travel along.
Thirdly request it and mention it on the application form that your travel agent submits.

Good luck.

Rizwarsi wrote:

Answer to your question is Yes. Atleast that's how it is for Canadians.
Must be same for you Uk and U.S Nationals too.
Now if you remmember, when you submit your application at the embassy of saudia in your home country, you have to fill out an application form.
On that application form, it asks you if your wife is accompanying you. There is an entire coloum for supouse's information.
Process:
Now Firstly, when you company apply for Business visit visa, they should mention that your supouse will be acompanying you. It should show that on visa copy (electronic visa document with authorization.
secondly on the letter to embassy mention your wife will travel along.
Thirdly request it and mention it on the application form that your travel agent submits.

Good luck.

Thanks to all for your input. Particular thanks to Rizwarsi for your specific information. I will certainly give it a try when my applying for my next visa.

Hi Charles,

A few days back, I had some chat with my HR manager. I discussed this with him.

It is basically what @SaudiUK said above. My HR manager issues a seperate invitation letter and thus a seperate business visa is issued for each family member who wish to accompany you.

The duration of the family member will be the same as yours and this applies to ALL passports, (Ireland is included).

Cheers!

TheLegendLeads

Thanks for taking the time to check that with you HR manager. I will pass the good news on in Ireland over the Eid break(in between ipad sessions!):-).

Cheers
Charles C