Moving to Sant Feliu de Guixol

Hello All, I am planning to move to Sant Feliu de Guixol with regard to work. I am an Indian expat with my wife and 5 year old daughter. How difficult it will be for a non spanish (Catalan) kid to cope with this new place in terms of education? What will be monthly rent for a 1/2 bed room apartment?

Hello Sumodh,

I can tell you that it's pretty hard the education theme in Spain (public schools) if your daughter doesn't speaks spanish. I recommend you to inscribe her in an international school until she adapts to the language.

About the rent, there's a big difference between a 1 bedrrom and a 2 bedrooms apartment. It depends of the zone you are renting, but 1 bedroom apartment could be 600 - 900 € monthly and a 2 bedrooms apartments could be 800 - 1200 € monthly.

I hope this tips could be helpful for you. If you have other doubts or need help in your move to Spain, just write me a private message and i'll gladly help you.

Regards.

Hi Jorgemolivo,

Many thanks for your feedback and suggestion. I understand that international schools are private and expensive. Is my understanding correct? Do you have any idea on the fees at international schools?

Await your reply.

Best Regards
Sumodh Cherian