Help! How to register Nikah in Saudi Arabia

salray wrote:

Is there any rule that states that bride should be transferred to her husband's iqama within one month or else face a penalty of 10,000 SAR?

Absolutely not.

Are you completely sure? Somebody told my dad just today.
I have already booked my appointment for nikah on Sep 12 and now I hear this :(

My nika will be on Sep 12 inshaAllah. And without transferring to my husband's nikah I want to leave for India on Sep 30th inshaAllah.
I am on my dad's iqama and I don't work anywhere.

I will be back to the kingdom in February 2013 with my parents iA.
My fiance's iqama expires on dec 24th and hence I am not getting transferred to his iqama after nikah because I will have to be in India at that time.

My dad's iqama renewal is due in March.

I want to return easily with my parents.

Also, since is there any difference between between "Adding wife to husband's iqama" and "transferring sponsorship to husband".

I am on my dad's iqama and I don't work anywhere. So I only need to get myself added to my husband's iqama after marriage, right?

And if I am added to his iqama then that means that I have to be present in the kingdom during his iqama reneweal, eight?

salray wrote:

Are you completely sure? Somebody told my dad just today.
I have already booked my appointment for nikah on Sep 12 and now I hear this :(

My nika will be on Sep 12 inshaAllah. And without transferring to my husband's nikah I want to leave for India on Sep 30th inshaAllah.
I am on my dad's iqama and I don't work anywhere.

I will be back to the kingdom in February 2013 with my parents iA.
My fiance's iqama expires on dec 24th and hence I am not getting transferred to his iqama after nikah because I will have to be in India at that time.

My dad's iqama renewal is due in March.

I want to return easily with my parents.

Nikahs are registered in the marriage court and sponsorship matters (and penalities) are with Jawazat. They have no relation in-between. I know a girl who's married since 4 years and is still on father"s iqama.

salray wrote:

Also, since is there any difference between between "Adding wife to husband's iqama" and "transferring sponsorship to husband".

I am on my dad's iqama and I don't work anywhere. So I only need to get myself added to my husband's iqama after marriage, right?

And if I am added to his iqama then that means that I have to be present in the kingdom during his iqama reneweal, eight?

Keep it simple :)

You have a unique Iqama number which of course is different from your dad's. Your sponsor is your dad. And you are one of his dependents. After marriage, you'll simply change your sponsorship to your husband.

One iqama number can't be added onto another. The only thing that links iqamas  together is 'sponsorship'.

If your sponsor (father or husband whoever) gets his iqama renewed and you were outside KSA, you'll lose your KSA visa and won't be able to come back.

Thank you very much indeed :)

Jazak Allah khair

May Allah reward you abundantly for helping people out.

hi,
i am sorry to hear this, you can simply go to the pakistani embassy and get prepared a divorce deed along with a notice to the concerned union council in whose jurisdiction your wife is presently residing. get attested these two things means divorce deed and notice from the embassy and then send original divorce deed to your wife alongwith copy of notice and send original notice along with copy of the divorce deed to the Union Council to intimate that you have divorced your wife. this is the legal way to divorce your wife from where you are living.

Good Luck for the Future.

assalammualaykum!

i am muslim filipina, planning to marry a converted filipino here in al madinah munawarrah. i just want to ask regarding the process of marriage here in saudi arabia. my father is coming to saudi arabia to perfrom hajj, he'll be staying here for 4 days, and we plan to have the nikah within those days before they go to makkah. can you please tell me the process and requirements for this nikah. do we still need to go to the embassy? thank you.

Salaam
I just want to ask u tht how do I get married here in Jeddah as the girl is From India and. So iam I please help me as we r working here in airlines n don't have an Akama bt jus have our passports stamped of visa and we r both Muslims from the same place in India so I hope it shudnt b a problem.but d only worry is that's ur parents r not here n dey cannot make it to Jeddah at any cost due to certain reasons financially plz guide me as I want to marry her.looking forward for ur reply

Regards
Murtuzahamza

Assalam alekum

I got married in court alhumdulillah. My husband and I are Indians. We asked at the court,they said its not necessary to get the contract signed at MOFA. Nowadays, its all being done by computer.

I just got two stamps on the contract at the court itself. Is this enough?

Assalam Alikum Wa Rahmatulahi Wabarakatuhu

I just need a little bit of information friends as I have lived my life in Saudi Arabia...came down to India about years ago....I always have arguments wid ppl out here about getting married I mean about Nikah in Saudi Arabia....

I dont have much knowledge but can anyone of u tell me how is Nikah ceremony conducted in Saudi Arabia ?

I mean according to Islam should KHUTBA given before Nikah is started ?

I am zero about this....I really dont know how it is held there.

Most ppl say its wrong over there this and that even ladies are not allowed in Masjid....I gave proves for this that ladies are allowed but i wanna help from u people to guide me so i show n guide this people.

Thank you.

Assallamu alaykum,

I have a query regarding getting married in saudi, I am from india and working in saudi but the girl with whom i want to get married is from pakistan and she has never visited saudi nor any mahrem from her family is in saudi, so can you please share any information that can help me in this regard(i.e getting married in saudi without traveling to pakistan but performing Nikaah in saudi).

P.S : We both are Muslims,

Anxiously waiting for your reply, Thanks in Advance.

Abdul Majid.

^ as far as I know, that's not possible.

If the groom is Muslim, the marriage must be done in a shariah court, but that's only possible for those living here.

The only places where it might be possible, but probably not, is the Indian consulate or the Pakistani consulate.  Ask there.  If both say no, then not possible in this country.

In that case, you will have to go to a country where tourists can get married.  In the gulf, I think that's possible in Bahrain and UAE, but I am not sure.  My feeling is that again, for Muslims, they might say you have to be resident there.  Check on google.

If not possible in gulf, go to Turkey, Cyprus, Mauritius, Maldives, etc.  Easy to get married in those countries.

Me and my boyfriend is planning to get married here in Riyadh.We are both Filipino and Muslim.What are the necessary documents that we will be needed.

jhechell wrote:

Me and my boyfriend is planning to get married here in Riyadh.We are both Filipino and Muslim.What are the necessary documents that we will be needed.

Because many people asked, we made in into an article and put it here under the Guide section:
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … rabia.html

may i know where is court marriage in al khobar coz i wana marry in khobar . and not riyadh or jeddah coz of personal isues

bella ansari wrote:

jazak ALLAH KHAIR ! so visitors like us (on umra visa )can doo nikkah in madina like this just by hiring a local molvi ?thts it?this option is possible?without any hurdles?just wanna make sure that visitors can do nikkah in madina !!

akm Bella,
so how did it go?
asking due to similar situation.
Boy is USA citizen muslim (indian origin).  Girl is Indian citizen from India.
Both of them and their parents are going for Umrah and want to get married in Medina.
Both parties return back to where they came from and Boy will file for USA visa in USA for bride who has returned back to India.

From these posts I think they can
- get local molvi to perform nikaah in the holy city in front of parents / witnessess
- then because Saudi govt only does Nikah for registration for Iqama muslims, they must go to either Indian or USA embassy in Jeddah?

Please share your experience.
Thanks

Dear TheLegendLeads,
Thanks for your nice and helpful informations. but my future wife's father lives in philipine. and I am Bangladeshi. so how we can get married without wali , i mean if her father in philipine?
thank you.
pls just miss call me..

Mujahid_haq wrote:

Dear TheLegendLeads,
Thanks for your nice and helpful informations. but my future wife's father lives in philipine. and I am Bangladeshi. so how we can get married without wali , i mean if her father in philipine?
thank you.
pls just miss call me..

This has been discussed a number of times. In case wali isn't available, an NoC (No Objection Certificate) will be required on the bride's employer behalf.

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your help. I have more questions. Pls help me to ans.

I am Bangladesh and pure muslim. My Girl Friend from Philippine and she works in Makkah in Hospital. She comes from a cristian Family. but in her Iqama in Muslim. Her father is in philipine now. We want to marry in Mahkamah in Makkah.

my questions:
1. In Mahkamah in Makkah same like Required?
2.its should need any concern letter from Bangladesh embassy in Saudi arab?
3. It should need any concern letter from my company?

if you dont mind could i talk with you once pls pls pls. just miss call me sir. i want to talk with you sir pls
Thanks again. Allah bless you.

"If the groom and bride are from 2 different countries, they must consult their respective embassies before visite Mahkamah"
it means we should need to go our own embassy before go to  mahkamah !
but for what refference we go to our embassy,sir?

What do you mean what reference?  Just go to your embassy or the Philippines embassy and tell them what you want to do and ask them if there are any requirements you need to fulfill.

Just i visited in Mehkamah Riyadh. from me rquired only my Iqamah . and from her rquired her employer NOC. but i forget to ask about my Embassy NOC.
it also anything required from Bangladesh embassy?
thank u sir.

Bro legend long time no see...

now my question is the same as the above... well similar... is it still the case that the company has no rights to interfere and there's no need for a NOC from the company you work for?

hello,
i am filipina working here in riyadh.my bf wants to marry me .he is an egyptian who is not yet legally divorced from his wife although he said he said to wife three times that she was divorced.if i will marry him,what will be my legal rights?am i will be a legal wife equally to his first wife?please help me..am confused...we both muslim..

fatemah

NourAboBakr wrote:

Hi,

I have a question, I'm married to someone who works in KSA. Currently under visiting visa here till end of the year. My question, how do I get myself an Iqama? What are the procedures. Thank you.

Your husband must:
1- Have at least bachelor university degree stamped from the Saudi cultural consular in his country
2- University degree profession on his Iqama, like Accountant, Programmer, Analyst,..., but not like Sales, Worker,...
3- He must apply it himself, he will got the visa at the moment if accepted

Assalamu alykom sir,
I have two questions,

1) bride dont have witness. if the groom give her two witness , it will be approval?
2) I heard woman witness not allowed. is it true?

pls ans me sir

Mujahid_haq wrote:

Assalamu alykom sir,
I have two questions,

1) bride dont have witness. if the groom give her two witness , it will be approval?
2) I heard woman witness not allowed. is it true?

pls ans me sir

No Idea, but wishing the best.

IS IT possible nikkah , when one of them is on visit and other having IQAMA?

SAUDAHMAD wrote:

IS IT possible nikkah , when one of them is on visit and other having IQAMA?

No, both must be KSA Iqama holders.

Hi,
Its not a big deal Nikkah can be registered in court its very easy and normal, people dont know the system and dont want to understand, Nikkah, Family visas and visit visas are the most easy and normal for every expat.

keith_sanders097 wrote:

Hi,
Its not a big deal Nikkah can be registered in court its very easy and normal, people dont know the system and dont want to understand, Nikkah, Family visas and visit visas are the most easy and normal for every expat.

I agree with the first part. These are all straight-forward procedures. You don't have to offer bribes, payoffs, favors.

It's not that people don't want to understand, there are things that impede; majorly the language barrier.

I WANT MARRY MAY COUSIN. AT MAKKA SO PLESE HELP ME HOW TO GET MARREY BOTH ARE INDIAN AND BOTH ARE REALATION SHIP SO WE ANT MARRY WITH LEGAL CERTIFICATE ANY WE ARANGE HER BOTHER COME TO JEDDHA NEXT MONTH SO PLESE ARRAGE AND FAST TELL ME HOW TO IAM WORK THANKS U SIR

Dear mohammedsajid ,,
Assalamu alaykom,,,
there are so many roll to marriage in saudi arabia.
its so long explain/
u can contact with me if you want.
thanks

Yes, I wanna marry give me ur No Ok then i will meet u where and how i tell u ok thanks to u dear

just call me brother, 0556383823
b4 call me just send me msg in my mobile that ur from Expat.com.

Assalam o aleikum i am Shadab from india now living in saudi arabia i like a girl she is muslim but from.pakistan even she likes me too and we want to pursue nikah In shaa Allah
My question is i am also working in hofuf and she is working in.mecca in saudi arabia both from different company and different profession so after our nikah she wants to continue her job but both we have different company sponsorship by or respective companies so after our nikah we make entry in each other iqama husband wife name then thus it would effect her job and also how can we claim indian citizenship for her as we both after marriage have continue to work here say for almost 5 years so by staying here in saudi will be able to manage the indian citizenship as we will be going india in every year as our annual vacation request you to please guide us as we are really serious about our relation and lastly what will be our child citizenship i mean if they are born here in saudi then how will they get the citizenship of india
Regards
Shadab

Very informative.  But I need some further information for my situation.  Me and my fiance will be traveling with our families on Umrah visa and are planning to get married in Makkah. She is Egyptian and I am Pakistani.  So question

1. Can we do nikah and get it registered while we both and her father and all the witness are on Umrah visa in Saudi Arabia?

2. Is it possible to do Nikah in Makkah or Jeddah without traveling to Riyadh?

Urgent reply will be of great help.

Thanks,

hi khurramhussain,,
1, yeah u can do nikah here in Saudi arab durning their Umarah. but be sure need abidance that he is her father..

2.  your 2nd question not fair.

Hi there!
What about if the woman is a Filipina and her father is in the philippines? Any document needed?