Help! How to register Nikah in Saudi Arabia

makkah1 wrote:

Aslam o alikum dears brothers & sis`s.
Good day from MAkkah
Me and my future wife we both are pakistani. We are doing job in makkah under diffrent employer
Our parents are in pakistan. Now we want to get NIKKAH HERE IN SAUDIA? Is it oossible with out parnts.?
If its possible but in court? WHERE IS the court? N whats the requirements for nikkah mean documents..Pls reaply me ASAP..HERE OR DIRECTLY SEND ME AN E-mail..
Thanks you
JAZAK ALLAH..

hi every one
for islamic NIKAH the pride MAHRAM must approve agreement for this wedding (if the pride is virgin , if she has married before no need for any approvals , but must provide first marriage divorce papers
a MAHRAM of first kin ( father , brother, uncle if father dead or any one which the father will delegate )
if the father or sponsor MAHRAM is in a different country and can,t attend he must send a delegation of authority letter ( WAKALAH SHARA3IAH ) from a recognized court IN YOUR COUNTRY and endorse it from the Saudi Embassy and the Foreign Affairs Office in his country
then after obtaining this delegation which should delegate some one other than the groom to be the pride sponsor ( THE FATHER CAN DELEGATE ANY ONE EVEN A FREIND ) and all 3 of you with 2 witnesses with valid iqama go to NIKAH Court in WAZEER street in the morning and register the wedding there and get the wedding certificate and stamp it from your embassy in saudi

that,s what i know about islamic wedding procedure for expats in saudi arabia HOPE it,s helpfull
i wish you good luck and MABROOK

sam

it,s really complicated in saudi , if u want quick one go Dubai
all expats should marry in Dubai , much easier
plus here if u work for different sponsors how u gonna meet ?
both sponsors must approve this marriage other wise may GOD be with you

cheers

Dear sam  her sponcer is her employer n my sponcer is also an  employ..soour psrents are not here in saudia..what to do...

sam_ruh wrote:

it,s really complicated in saudi , if u want quick one go Dubai
all expats should marry in Dubai , much easier
plus here if u work for different sponsors how u gonna meet ?
both sponsors must approve this marriage other wise may GOD be with you

cheers

The complications you have mentioned are not limited to KSA. The landscape is the same for the entire GCC; Dubai is no exception. Only residential ID holders can register marriages in Dubai.

Assalam alaikom
Trying to find help. I am a filipina converted muslim. My fiancee (saudi) and me is planning to get marry but we dont know how and what to do. If somebody can just share something to help us out. We planned of having the marriage in my country but  we have read that it will be just void since he needs a permission from the kingdom. Is there any procedure we can follow. And is there any age limit for marryinv other nationality?

assalam o alaikum to all of u,

i am a pakistani national,maried in pakistan,my husband is working in Saudi Arabia, i visited him on visit visa but was forcely sent back to Pakistan by my husband. recently my husband has contracted second marriage with a pakistani national living in Saudi Arabia without my permission.

i want to know how can i get the copy of his new NIKA NAMA?

how can i get my legal rights there in Saudi Arabia while i am in PAKISTAN?

as i visited Saudi arabia, ll there be our marriage registered somewhere in Saudi Arabia?

what legal ramedy can i avail against my husband in KSA, while living here in pakistan or how can i come to KSA to avail legal remedy as he has contracted marrige without my permission?

please help me

Regards

Hi legend leads, I am a Pakistani national, married here in Pakistan, my husband is working in Saudi Arabia, I visited him there on visit visa, but was forcely send back to Pakistan,so now I am in Pakistan.recently my husband has contracted second marriage with a pakistani national living in Saudi Arabia without my permission. Now I want to know that how can I get the copy of his new Nikahnama. Secondly, how can I avail any legal remedy in KSA while living in Pakistan. Thirdly, do Saudi Govt provide visa to wives like me to avail legal remedy against my husband? Please help me          Regards

Sis @happyprincess,

I feel sorry for what has happened and I do wish Allah helps in the peaceful resolution.

It's important to understand a few things about the legal standing of this case. See, there are 2 kind of applicable laws (I'm talking about Pak and KSA only leaving aside the rest of the world):

1- The Shariat Law: which works in very well purity in KSA.
2- The Pakistani Law: Which has impact and traces of the Great Britain law. The obvious reason is their empire before independence back in 1947.

Now, as per Sharia, for any person entering into a new marriage contract, solicitation and consent from the previous wife (or wives) is *not* needed. This has happened in your case and the court wasn't supposed to see any consent letters.

The Pakistani law requires otherwise; and that's how you would see a section in the Nikah Nama about this privilege.

You would have got my point that in the eyes of KSA law, your husband had done nothing illegal and so the law would not be able to provide any support esp when you are not actually residing in the KSA.

Only your husband can invite you to visit KSA or get a family visa. If you do visit KSA (on say Umrah visa along with your Mehram --- brother may be), there is no place to register your marriage.

I rarely advise anyone the litigation. But in your case, you may file a case in a Pakistani court. But do so only if you could see any benefits in near future.

May Allah bless you and also May Allah give your husband hadayat to do justice with both wives.

happyprincess wrote:

assalam o alaikum to all of u,

i am a pakistani national,maried in pakistan,my husband is working in Saudi Arabia, i visited him on visit visa but was forcely sent back to Pakistan by my husband. recently my husband has contracted second marriage with a pakistani national living in Saudi Arabia without my permission.

i want to know how can i get the copy of his new NIKA NAMA?

how can i get my legal rights there in Saudi Arabia while i am in PAKISTAN?

as i visited Saudi arabia, ll there be our marriage registered somewhere in Saudi Arabia?

what legal ramedy can i avail against my husband in KSA, while living here in pakistan or how can i come to KSA to avail legal remedy as he has contracted marrige without my permission?

please help me

Regards

Sorry for not bringing about any good news.

happyprincess wrote:

Hi legend leads, I am a Pakistani national, married here in Pakistan, my husband is working in Saudi Arabia, I visited him there on visit visa, but was forcely send back to Pakistan,so now I am in Pakistan.recently my husband has contracted second marriage with a pakistani national living in Saudi Arabia without my permission. Now I want to know that how can I get the copy of his new Nikahnama. Secondly, how can I avail any legal remedy in KSA while living in Pakistan. Thirdly, do Saudi Govt provide visa to wives like me to avail legal remedy against my husband? Please help me          Regards

I wana ask that I visited my husband in KSA on visit and stayed there about seven months, ll there be no record of our marriage there in KSA? Nd secondly how can I get the copy of his new Nikah Nama nd from where coz obviously his new marriage ll be registered somewhere in KSA, right?

You already have a relationship and travelling evidence on your passport in form of the stamped ksa visa. But this is not going to help in the situation.

Let me ask and explain in a different way. Let us say you get a copy of his new marriage certificate, how this will help you? What will be your next step?

Asalam Alikum all,

I need advice to get marry in KSA. My father works in Makkah, and I currently live in USA (green card holder not US citizen). I want to visit Makkah on Umrah visa, in sha Allah, and marry there as well. I dont have Iqama and I want to register my marriage for Nikah cerificate so that I can apply for spouse visa back here in USA (which takes 3 years to get completed). Someone told me that after the marriage, spouse has to transfer to husband's Iqama (which I dont have), so how can I cope with this situation?

Is there any way or suggestion that I should follow, because the future wife has to wait for 3 years before she can come here in US(thats immigration duration for green card holders when they apply for spouse visa) and I dont want her to leave her family in KSA (if in case she goes off from her father's Iqama).

Please suggest me what is better route in this case, I want to do legal marriage according to Shariah, and most importantly in Makkah, in sha Allah!

Allah knows better.
Jazak Allah khairun

The legal marriage registration in KSA is done when both of the couple are *iqama-holders*.

You may consult Pakistani consulate in Jeddah. I've heard that issue an official Pakistani Nikah nama.

Thank you very much legend, I will consult them as well.

Assalam o Alaikum

Can anyone guide that if a pakistani woman, (under her husband's sponsoriship who is also pakistani under company's issued visa), get divorced in KSA then would there be any possibility to get marriage again to another person and can transfer sponsorship after divorced.

hello

i want help.. i need some information...

i am in saudi arabia, working here.. my friend is comming from Germany, to perform ummrah..
basically we both belongs to pakistan.. but girl haz german nationality..
we want to get married...
please tell me, what will the procedure ?
what documents should i provide ????

thanks

I am Muslim and Indian national, working in jeddah, i would like to marry a Malasician non muslim girl, So please let me know the clear procedures on how to marry this girl. She is also working in Jeddah and her family living in backhome, so she can not let involve her father or anybody here.Please advice me. Thanking you somuch.

lina0574 wrote:

Hi The LegendLeads,

Thank you for this post.  If I opt not to transfer my iqama under my future husband, we can skip the step on iqama transfer process? our last step will be the stamping of Nikah Nama from MOFA? Hoping for your reply ASAP. JazakaAllah khair.

You can do that. It's not necessary to transfer your iqama to him. And there are many such working couples who do so.

The last step will be MOFA stamps, then keep a copy of the marriage certificate handy just in case enquired about.

hey guys . m a pakistani girl i live in ABU DHABI i want to perform my nikkah IN MADINA saudia ARABIA .my fiance lives in pakistan .my fiance and his family will come from pakisan to saudi arabia and me n my family will travel from ABU DHABI UAE to saudi arabia ... all i want to know is what are the nikkah requirements is it possible to do nikkah in masjid AL NABWI (SAW) ???? what are the paper requirements?? should me and my faince get the medical test ???before marriage ..we have to represent it at the time of nikkah ???becoz here in UAE medical test is compulsory ... ??is it compalsory in saudi arabia also ?? plz help me with this ..!!we are planning our nikkah in the first week of aprill 2013 !!kindly tell me the expenses which approximately my father has to pay ..... i will appreciate your answers JAZAK ALLAH KHIAR !!

bella ansari wrote:

hey guys . m a pakistani girl i live in ABU DHABI i want to perform my nikkah IN MADINA saudia ARABIA .my fiance lives in pakistan .my fiance and his family will come from pakisan to saudi arabia and me n my family will travel from ABU DHABI UAE to saudi arabia ... all i want to know is what are the nikkah requirements is it possible to do nikkah in masjid AL NABWI (SAW) ???? what are the paper requirements?? should me and my faince get the medical test ???before marriage ..we have to represent it at the time of nikkah ???becoz here in UAE medical test is compulsory ... ??is it compalsory in saudi arabia also ?? plz help me with this ..!!we are planning our nikkah in the first week of aprill 2013 !!kindly tell me the expenses which approximately my father has to pay ..... i will appreciate your answers JAZAK ALLAH KHIAR !!

The first condition to get officially married in KSA is: BOTH, bride and groom, MUST BE saudi Iqama holder. So an official marriage of you two can't take place in Saudi Arabia.

An unofficial marriage however can take place. You'll have to talk to a local molvi in Medina. You can take him to the mosque alongwith 2 witnesses from girl's (your) side. The nikah will be written on a white paper.

The medical test requirements is pointless then.

UAE is a bit better in this regard. I've heard that official marriages can take place if one of the party is UAE iqama holder.

jazak ALLAH KHAIR ! so visitors like us (on umra visa )can doo nikkah in madina like this just by hiring a local molvi ?thts it?this option is possible?without any hurdles?just wanna make sure that visitors can do nikkah in madina !!

assalamualaiqum friends, Alhamdulillah i am a expat living in saudi arabia (riyadh) and in sha allah my nikah will be in the month of april this year. even the bride is from riyadh so we wish to proceed the nikah in makkah in sha allah and the wedding in our home land in sha allah. but i have some doubts regarding this. how to conduct a nikah in makkah is there any special place for that or so and also about the cost of things
kindly reply me with necessary information.
in sha allah may allah azzawajal help you jazakallah khair

The information looks adequate. However, I have recently heard that you need to provide original passport and iqama to register the nikah? To what extent is this true? Kindly please respond. Thank you :)

kindly let me know the procedure of nikah in Al khobar

rkci wrote:

kindly let me know the procedure of nikah in Al khobar

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … rabia.html

Assalam o alaikum,

I am going to marry in October but I am doing online Nikah to process my wife's document early. I need to know whether saudi law accepts this online Nikah?

on the date of Nikah I will be in saudi and girl will be in pakistan, and at the time of visa process saudi officer may ask about the date when got maried, I was present in saudi...!

can any one help in this matter?

hassanzia... All u need is ur original nikkah nama at the process of viza.

Thanks Salaman.. appreciate your reply.

my pleasure brother :)

Both myself (American) and fiancé (Filippino) live here in Saudi Arabia And we want to get married. Any ideas on easiest way to do this.  Saudi Arabia or Filippines marriage?

As Salam Wrwb,
Dear Welwishes and Helpers,
Myself Arshad and I am in need of your guidance plz help me.
Alhumdullah I am working in Riyadh from last 4 yrs and I am very much greatful to my Almighty Allah for the same.

Sir,

I belongs to Hyderabad and before coming to Riyadh on the day i have to take flight I have performed Nikah in presence of Qazi to the girl with whom i engaged and same day I left and came here, on determination that I will come back and do the rest customs i.e.,(Vidai)...

I came here and after 6-8 months I came to know from my father that the girl was already married with someone she loves and her family members were also not aware of that. My parents tried to speak to her elders by nobody is coming front to talk.

Anyway there's a big story Plz kindly GUIDE me how to process for Divorce from here... I am very much worried as its long gap and nobody advised me for the same. Now one of my friends infomed me to do as soon as possible so I need your help. May Allah SWT reward you better.

Waiting for your reply.
Jazak Allah Khair

Assalam Alekum everyone

I am Indian, 24, female, iqama holder living in Jeddah with my parents. My fiance( Indian) is in Riyadh on Azad visa as profession Construction LAbour and his kafeel is also in Riyadh. His Iqama renewal is due in Nov 3rd week.
I want to get married here inshaAllah.

I am leaving for Hyderabad by October.

1. What is the procedure of Nikah in Jeddah and Riyadh?
2.Is it better I do nikah in Jeddah or Riyadh( in my case)?

I am leaving kingdom in October and I can be back only by January. And since his Iqama renewal is in Nov, I Was thinking that I get nikah done now ( in the coming weeks inshaALlah), but not get transferred to his iqama and leave for India.

3. My question is can I return to kingdom with my parentsin JAnuary without any issue?

4. Also, can I get transferred to his iqama in January after I return to the kingdom?

5. Please tell me the procedure of getting transferred to my husband's iqama from my father's  iqama.

6. IS there a need for NOC or any such attestations/certifications from Indian courts to get married here?

Please help me.

JazakAllah khayran

Many people do their nikah in haram shareef, makkah.
I wanted to do the same but someone said it's illegal adn only nikah is pronounced and we have to perform nikah again in court to legalise it.
And, two nikahs are against the sunnah.

Is it true?

salray wrote:

Many people do their nikah in haram shareef, makkah.
I wanted to do the same but someone said it's illegal adn only nikah is pronounced and we have to perform nikah again in court to legalise it.
And, two nikahs are against the sunnah.

Is it true?

Marriage courts in KSA are the places where marriages are carried out and registered; not mosques or haram. So, though Nikahs performed in haram are religiously valid but you don't get any official papers. Not illegal as you said. Obviously, the regulations and guidelines devised by the Islamic government of Saudi Arabia must be respected by all visitors and residents.

salray wrote:

Assalam Alekum everyone

I am Indian, 24, female, iqama holder living in Jeddah with my parents. My fiance( Indian) is in Riyadh on Azad visa as profession Construction LAbour and his kafeel is also in Riyadh. His Iqama renewal is due in Nov 3rd week.
I want to get married here inshaAllah.

I am leaving for Hyderabad by October.

1. What is the procedure of Nikah in Jeddah and Riyadh?
2.Is it better I do nikah in Jeddah or Riyadh( in my case)?

I am leaving kingdom in October and I can be back only by January. And since his Iqama renewal is in Nov, I Was thinking that I get nikah done now ( in the coming weeks inshaALlah), but not get transferred to his iqama and leave for India.

3. My question is can I return to kingdom with my parentsin JAnuary without any issue?

4. Also, can I get transferred to his iqama in January after I return to the kingdom?

5. Please tell me the procedure of getting transferred to my husband's iqama from my father's  iqama.

6. IS there a need for NOC or any such attestations/certifications from Indian courts to get married here?

Please help me.

JazakAllah khayran

1- check out this article: https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … rabia.html

2- Jeddah in my suggestion. That's for the sake if convenience of girl's witnesses and wali, no one from the boy's side needed to be present infront of Qazi. Your fiance can travel to Jeddah alone for the Nikah,

3- Yes, if you dont't transfer your iqama in your husband's name. Delay it.

4- Yes.

5- same as point 1 above,

6- No if you both are from the same country.

arshad.fts wrote:

As Salam Wrwb,
Dear Welwishes and Helpers,
Myself Arshad and I am in need of your guidance plz help me.
Alhumdullah I am working in Riyadh from last 4 yrs and I am very much greatful to my Almighty Allah for the same.

Sir,

I belongs to Hyderabad and before coming to Riyadh on the day i have to take flight I have performed Nikah in presence of Qazi to the girl with whom i engaged and same day I left and came here, on determination that I will come back and do the rest customs i.e.,(Vidai)...

I came here and after 6-8 months I came to know from my father that the girl was already married with someone she loves and her family members were also not aware of that. My parents tried to speak to her elders by nobody is coming front to talk.

Anyway there's a big story Plz kindly GUIDE me how to process for Divorce from here... I am very much worried as its long gap and nobody advised me for the same. Now one of my friends infomed me to do as soon as possible so I need your help. May Allah SWT reward you better.

Waiting for your reply.
Jazak Allah Khair

Sorry for the situation you are facing. You must travel to your country and resolve the issue there. It has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia.

JazakAllah khair

Thank u very much.

Is there any rule that states that bride should be transferred to her husband's iqama within one month or else face a penalty of 10,000 SAR?