Help! How to register Nikah in Saudi Arabia

Assalam o Alaikum

I need some help regarding the nikah process.

I am going to marry a Pakistani girl next week. Can anyone tell me how to register my nikah. Shall i need to go to court? or what is the process?

Thanks

Here is what you'll do:

1- Go to the marriage court (It's in North of Riyadh behind Saudi Airlines office) and it's called 'Mehkama Tankeeh'.

2. Go to the reception and ask for the appointment (say next day).

3. At the appointment time, be there with the girl with her Wali and 2 other witnesses. The Wali is usually father (if alive) and 2 witness persons must be relatives of the girl or someone who know girl very well. (No one required from boy's family except he himself). All persons must take their original Iqamas + copies along.

4. Let reception know about your presence. They'll present you in front of the Qazi who'll ask a couple of questions (mainly about the Mehr etc). Make sure this Mehr thing has already been decided between the parties.

5. All 5 persons will sign the papers and you are done.

6. Before leaving the place, make sure you've got the paper (Nikah certificate) stamped by 2 required manegerial authorities there. The receptionist can help you best.

7. Take the Nikah nama to Minsitry of foreigh affairs (Naseriya) and get it stamped.

8. Go for the iqama transfer process.

Questions? Let me know :-)

Thank You very much for such a useful information.

Can you plz tell me, what is the process to stamp the nikah nama from ministry of foreign affairs?

regards

Hi Sokash2,

There is small gate on back side of MOFA which is the only one you'll see public going in and out. The big ones are for goverment officials only.

Just go there (along with Iqamas of both of you) and tell the reception that you need attestation (tasdeeq) on the marriage certificate. He'll issue you a token holding a number.

Take that to the cashiers' windows and wait for your turn.

The guy there will just stamp the certificate charging you 40 SAR (I think).

All what I told above is NECESSARY before you (or your mandoob) visits jawazat for iqama transfer into your name.

By the way, to transfer iqama in your name, you'll need:

- The Marriage certificate (original) as discussed above.
- A letter from girl's father showing consent on transfer.
- 2000 SAR in your iqama account.

Enough if your mandoob is going to do this task in Jawazat.
Advice: If you want to do it yourself, take your father-in-law along.

Thank You very much Legend!

Hi LegendLeads,

Assalam o Alaikum
I'm in the same situation with Sokash2 and I find your answers very informative. Thanks for that!
But I still have questions, if you don't mind....
  - what are the requirements I need to submit
  - exactly where is this marriage court... the name of street perhaps if you have any idea?
Thanks for your help!

Gigal

hi my name is zahra i would just like to know how can i register a nikah of me and my husband im in cape town do u know of any offices hereby around?
thanx

The Legendleads..you are doing an amazing job..keep it up:)

it was quite informative thanks...
I have one question please reply.....i want to know that if girl's father is not there like he is not alive is it important to show the death certificate of her father? also if u can give me ur personal e-mail address as i have some confusion which i dont want to discuss here!!

The LegendLeads......

Where are you getting this information? Can you give me the source? I gave this information to my fiance' and he asked and was told it was not accurate.

That there are permission applications and employer authentications and employer permissions.

Please kindly give me the source of your informatin so we can proceed with our marriage. This is such a headache.

Thanks

:D Am not getting this info from some source.

Not only I got married here, there are tens of other friends as well. I've helped many friends with this process.

See, We must all understand something very well. The employer has absolutely nothing to do with the personal life of employees. A boy can marry whomever he wishes to and a girl (with agreement of her Wali) can do the same.

At the time of iqama transfer, the girl's Wali has to write a letter on HIS company letter head that he has no objections whatsoever regarding his daughter's iqama transfer to her husband. That's it; no permission applications, employer authentications or employer permissions.

Thank you for the information and we will check

LegendLeads....

Again thanks for the information and I do hope it is this easy. I think from what I have read, since I do not have a Wali, I just need a Muslim male that can attest to who I am (I guess from my work). I did read this on the Ministry of Foreign affairs website about registering the marriage:

"13- Certification on contract marriage between the foreigners require presentation of an agreement of the sponsors and copies of the husband/wife Iqama (residence permit)."
http://www.mofa.gov.sa/sites/mofaen/abo … 36413.aspx

Did you have to fill out an application requesting marriage with biographical information and mahr on it?

Again thanks for the info, and any info my fiance' finds out I will post so maybe anyone else with different nationalities will be able to go through this easier.....

Oh, on another note, I will not be transfering my sponsorship once I am married. If you do that it says at the bottom of the wife's iqama  under the picture in arabic "forbidden to work". So if the woman is under the husband she cannot legally have a bank account in her name or have a job that is legal through the labor office or ministry of interior.

We will just have to keep our marriage papers with us when we go out to avoid issues with muttawah....

Yes, that's what I always suggest if the bride is a working lady.

izzya wrote:

Oh, on another note, I will not be transfering my sponsorship once I am married. If you do that it says at the bottom of the wife's iqama  under the picture in arabic "forbidden to work". So if the woman is under the husband she cannot legally have a bank account in her name or have a job that is legal through the labor office or ministry of interior.

We will just have to keep our marriage papers with us when we go out to avoid issues with muttawah....

Just a question that comes to my mind going through the topic.

So once a lady gets married and transfers her sponsorship over to her husband, she is not allowed legally to work. (this is what I understand from above)

So if the lady needs to work, she need not transfer her sponsorship to her husband. But that is just possible for ladies who are already living in KSA. (Yes that is what the topic is all about)

However my question is then: WHAT IF, I get married to someone in my home country and sponsor her so that she can arrive here in KSA. Would she be allowed to work legally?

Thanks

I am an administrator in a hospital here so what we do in this situation is that once we hire a dependant spouse, we then transfer them to our sponsorship. Thre are some organizations that will allow the spouse to work illegally and they are paid by check and then the wife signs the check over to the husband and he cashes it. For me, really this is haram. First, the spouse is without benefits and all the companies here should provide. And then if anything happens with the job, the spouse has no legal recourse because they legally don't work there anyways....

Practice of work by the dependants such as wives and children
-------------------------------------------------------------
He shall be fined as follows:

•  1000 S.R. first instance.
•  2000 S.R. second instance.
•  3000 S.R. third instance and the issue will be referred to the Minister of Interior for his direction towards termination of the violator's Iqama and deport him.

Ref here

Dear hi,

i am from india and working here in a firm as a manager,,,but i got here on labour visa which i came to knw later...nw i want to call my fiancee whho is in australia..she is also indian having indian passport but she have australian PR(PERMANENT RESIDENCY)i want to call her here and live with her is there any ways please do let me know,,,in saudi arabia,,NO LIFE WITHOUT WIFE....hope anyone understands it and heelp me with a best solution

OK...here is where we are at: For two Muslims to be married, of different nationalities, with the woman not having wali....The woman, (if she is a convert) must have the original conversion certificates, a letter from her work stating she has the employers permission to marry, her original igama, divorce papers if any, translated to arabic and stamped from her embassy, and two witnesses. The man has to have a letter from a Shiek from a mosque stating that he is of good character. Then you make the appointment, then everything else is what you said. Hope this helps someone else.....

izzya wrote:

LegendLeads....

Again thanks for the information and I do hope it is this easy. I think from what I have read, since I do not have a Wali, I just need a Muslim male that can attest to who I am (I guess from my work). I did read this on the Ministry of Foreign affairs website about registering the marriage:

"13- Certification on contract marriage between the foreigners require presentation of an agreement of the sponsors and copies of the husband/wife Iqama (residence permit)."
http://www.mofa.gov.sa/sites/mofaen/abo … 36413.aspx

Did you have to fill out an application requesting marriage with biographical information and mahr on it?

Again thanks for the info, and any info my fiance' finds out I will post so maybe anyone else with different nationalities will be able to go through this easier.....

Usually visitors never get back to provide reuseable feedback.

:thanks: Tx and, of course, very highly appreciated @izzya

salam everybody!
im a pakistani and working in KSA on company supported visa. i want to marry a moroccan girl. so we decided to have our akd in KSA as she will come for umra. plz tell me the right procedure and also what can be alternative of wali.becasue it will be hard for us to come with wali though this marriage is arranged but we cant arrange it due to financial reasons(calling wali) and also whats the possiblity of having akd through Moroccan embassy...plz guide me right way..i will be really grateful to those who can guide me in this big challenge of my life...regards

Salam TheLegendLeads

Dear I need info that after obtaining nikah certficate and ministry of foreign affairs attestation, DO we need to get the husband name on Pakistani NIC and passport first before iqama transfer from father to husband? I heard like this with someone who get married her daughter. Or can we get husband name on NIC and passport after Iqama transfer??

Please reply soon as girl's father's job ending in KSA within few weeks. I need to get it transferred ASAP.

Thanks a looottt..

Would you mind giving your telephone number in private message for urgent queries as I am REALLY short of time.

Wassalam
Shoaib

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Hi Sokash2,

There is small gate on back side of MOFA which is the only one you'll see public going in and out. The big ones are for goverment officials only.

Just go there (along with Iqamas of both of you) and tell the reception that you need attestation (tasdeeq) on the marriage certificate. He'll issue you a token holding a number.

All what I told above is NECESSARY before you (or your mandoob) visits jawazat for iqama transfer into your name.

Answer from TheLegendLeads for gen public info:

As I can recall, it was like:

- NADRA card first (wife's new card in husband's name)
- New Passport (wife's new one in husband's name)
- Transfer Process.

Jawazat doesn't serve any transfer request till they see passport in husband's name.

sakhan wrote:

Salam TheLegendLeads

Dear I need info that after obtaining nikah certficate and ministry of foreign affairs attestation, DO we need to get the husband name on Pakistani NIC and passport first before iqama transfer from father to husband? I heard like this with someone who get married her daughter. Or can we get husband name on NIC and passport after Iqama transfer??

Please reply soon as girl's father's job ending in KSA within few weeks. I need to get it transferred ASAP.

Thanks a looottt..

Would you mind giving your telephone number in private message for urgent queries as I am REALLY short of time.

Wassalam
Shoaib

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Hi Sokash2,

Mr. Shoaib,

No need to get husband name on passport and NIC. You can transfer the sponsorship without it. It can be done after you get the iqama of your wife. But remember, do change your wife NIC and passport later on.

Regards,

Sohail

@Sohail..

Do you have self-experience or first hand reliable info of transferring iqama without changing name on NIC and Passport?

On this link http://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/passpo … E&listnum7

in Transfer of wife sponsorship, it says "The name of the husband must be added on the wife's passport by the embassy of the country of the wife."

Can you please confirm if you got it done without changing anme on passport?

Also can you confirm, my would-be wife is in riyadh and my iqama was issued in Jeddah..I will go riyadh for Nikah in court. so can i get her iqama transferred to mine in Riyadh or she has to come to jeddah for this iqama transfer process?

Dear Sir,

this is reverse of marriage.

we are living here in saudi.

my daughter who is under my sponcership got married in india and to a boy who is working in saudi (khobar).

as per the procedures my daughter iqama got transfered to her husband name.

due to some misunderstanding, the marriage is under probelm.
they are not interested in this marriage

what is the procedure to take back my daughter from her husband Iqama back to my sponcership?

without breaking the marriage is there any way to transefer?
if they are willing and made some understanding...If Allah wish.

1. any company letter needed to do this reverse transfer?
2. what are the procedures to be follwed from boy side and our side?
3. any kind of transfer fee required
if you could advice me about the procedure will be greatful.

Thanks in advance

Salam.

We can't even paint a bleak picture of divorce registration and things thereafter. But for sure, divorces are carried out in the marriage court (North of Riyadh behind Saudi Airlines office). Please do pay a visit and enlighten us about the info below.

rabnaz wrote:

Dear Sir,

this is reverse of marriage.

we are living here in saudi.

my daughter who is under my sponcership got married in india and to a boy who is working in saudi (khobar).

as per the procedures my daughter iqama got transfered to her husband name.

due to some misunderstanding, the marriage is under probelm.
they are not interested in this marriage

what is the procedure to take back my daughter from her husband Iqama back to my sponcership?

without breaking the marriage is there any way to transefer?
if they are willing and made some understanding...If Allah wish.

1. any company letter needed to do this reverse transfer?
2. what are the procedures to be follwed from boy side and our side?
3. any kind of transfer fee required
if you could advice me about the procedure will be greatful.

Thanks in advance

Salam.

My own experience :D

sakhan wrote:

@Sohail..

Do you have self-experience or first hand reliable info of transferring iqama without changing name on NIC and Passport?

Wallahee great if it is so

Is there something TANAZUL , that is first girl is removed from father's Iqama then it is transferred to Husband's Iqama???

sakhan wrote:

Is there something TANAZUL , that is first girl is removed from father's Iqama then it is transferred to Husband's Iqama???

Yes, that's how they charge you 2,000 SAR; the standard govt charges of Tanazul.

sakhan wrote:

08-Aug-2012 --- 20 Ramadan is the last working day for Jawazat. You have 8 working days to go.

I got to know thru pak embassy on telephone (also http://www.pakconsulatejeddah.com/consular-section.jsp) that there is something called manual passport which embassy gives in one day in urgent and it is valid like Machine readable passport....let's see if I could finish off all, otherwise iqama transfer will go after eid....

Just confirmed by one person who just visited Jawazaat that they are working upto Sunday 24th Ramadan and then they will open on 7th Shawwal. :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:
sakhan wrote:

08-Aug-2012 --- 20 Ramadan is the last working day for Jawazat. You have 8 working days to go.

Does anyone have Riyadh Court(Marriage Court/Mahkmah Ahwaal Shakhsiyah) telephone number?

Hi,

I have a question, I'm married to someone who works in KSA. Currently under visiting visa here till end of the year. My question, how do I get myself an Iqama? What are the procedures. Thank you.

I want to ask a question here:
I am from India and currently working in KSA. I'll be soon moving out of the country on Exit. However, i want to marry a girl of another nationality whom i met here and who is also an expat here and living in KSA only. Is it possible that i can come on an Umrah visa and then marry her here and then take her alongwith me. Or is there any other way that my marriage can be planned.

Please let me know.
Thanks

Aslam o alikum dears brothers & sis`s.
Good day from MAkkah
Me and my future wife we both are pakistani. We are doing job in makkah under diffrent employer
Our parents are in pakistan. Now we want to get NIKKAH HERE IN SAUDIA? Is it oossible with out parnts.?
If its possible but in court? WHERE IS the court? N whats the requirements for nikkah mean documents..Pls reaply me ASAP..HERE OR DIRECTLY SEND ME AN E-mail..
Thanks you
JAZAK ALLAH..