From Jordan to South Africa " cape town " need the the advice people.

hey all , let me first introduce my self  !

i'm 22 years old 

i'm Jordanian living till the moment in Jordan ( Amman ) its a small country in the middle east .
i'm working as computer technician.

recently i got bored from living here in my country i usually traveling to close countries, it will be the first time for me to travel all this far distance !!

the trip will be with my friend as soon as we could get enough info's and details about living there  especially in Cape Town .

so i have many questions to you people <3 btw i love ya all :D

how much is the average of rental  for normal apartment small one for 2 persons in month .
and how is the security there ist safe enough to live normally and go out at night .. etc ?
and can i get job there and what would be the average of incoming per month i mean any job it doesn't matter with me i don't say no lol :P .

and how to re-corrector your resident there btw as i'm Jordanian Citizen i can live there for 30 days as a tourist i get the visa on the arrival from the airport .

so if i liked it there i would stay and start a new life .

and does it easy to make friends there ?

thanks all  hope to see your encouraging comments :)

Hello Sir Edward and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to take a look at the different discussions of the forum. It may help.;)

You also have some articles in our partipative guide.
Here is the link > https://www.expat.com/en/guide/africa/south-africa/.

Hope it helps, and good luck,
Harmonie.:)

Hi.

Cape Town is a wonderful city to live in. It has beautiful nature, postcard beaches, shopping, culture, night life, history and lots more.

Rental really depends on the area you want to live in. You can get a 2 bed flat for anything between R3000 and R15000 per month. I stay in Green Point, really nice place close to everything, there you will be able to find flats starting at about R5000 and up, depending on the amnesties you require. It is quite easy to find flats to rent, try www.gumtree.co.za and www.capeads.co.za

About safety, that is a very complicated matter, some areas a very safe night and day, some areas you must stay out off completely. Like any big city..

There is about 25% unemployment in S.A. so finding a job can be very difficult, and getting a work permit is just as difficult. Also you are not allowed to work on a holiday visa. I do not know what training/education you have, but casual jobs in S.A. pays very badly.   

Changing your visa is very difficult, also you cannot apply for a work permit/another visa when you entered on a holiday visa, then you have to leave the country and apply for the visa at the S.A. consulate in your home country.

Good luck with it.

Regards Sarah

In terms of the salary you can expect; depending on your work experience as a computer technician you may be able to get a starting salary of between R8 000 and R12 000 a month. But ,also depending on your experience and level of technical expertise, it can be very hard to find a job in that field. Look around on LinkedIn or Bizcommunity.com to see how many jobs are available in that area of expertise in South Africa

thank you all guys i really appreciate your comments :)  for me i don't care for what job i can get !! any job will give me my needs  from rent and food and have a nice time it would perfect !i only care for my happiness u may think that is stupid thinking lol ! but its not for me ,  i love traveling around and live day by day  happy :) luv to get know new cultures new people making friends , but after you knew my situation  do you think in another city  it will be better choice from Cape town?

Regards <3

Johannesburg  is the city with more jobs. But if you want to live an easy, laid back, inexpensive lifestyle, then Cape Town is the place to be.

@Sir Edward...u can stay in three city...capetown, Durban, joberg and pretoria. this are the most popular & job offering city. Most traveller like yours setle in one of this place... when u in south-africa. u can email me to meet & i stay in pta.

@Sarahk...i notice u friendly with cape & have u ever visited any other province? are u rsa born or foreigner? can we hang out? inbox me all this info & have a nice week ahead...

Yours  faithfully
  tony

Hi Sir Edward

I used to live in Amman, I was there 4 months.
Appartments in CT are from around R4000 for a 1 bed bachelor
Plus I am not sure the Dinah equivalent.
If u get a visitor visa they are usually 3 months its the best way
To get to know a place.
Work, without being SA will b more complicated but not impossible.
People in CT are friendly, join some associations, clubs etc.

Hope this helps
Jude

@ tony_ thanks for your comment and sure it will be my pleasure to meet you and be your friend :) .

@judemcd thanks :) and hope u enjoyed here in Amman and Jordanian Dinar = 11.24 Rand . and i meet South African people here in Amman one of them was a pilot but i lost his contacts information's.

my trip will b so soon  and hope to meet ya all who helped me here thanks a lot <3 .

Hashimi! Welcome to SA Sir Jordan!

I have been to Amman and done a comparison on cost of living. It is more or less the same when you do currency conversions on the day to day expenses.

And our grass is cheaper ;-)

All the best

What you can buy in Jordan for 1 Dinar you can buy for about 10 Rand, ( at least that was the case 3 years back )

hey man ,,, did u go there?