Textile & Fashion accessories business in hcmc

i want to open a Textile & fashion store and whole sale company in hcmc, please suggest hows there response for indian products,procedure and if any diffculties. i m already into textile business, working with japan, spain, france, uk, us

Hello Happy4u8,

I have worked in the textile business in the US and Japan before, and I now have a small cosmetics and clothes retail and wholesale shop in Vietnam (Can Tho).  My suggestion to you is find a trusted Vietnamese and cooperate with him/her.  It is the least expensive and less time-consumming method of operation.

Another thing that you might want to look into is your products' country of origins.  If you are going to import them from India, then look into the trade terms between India and Vietnam.  I know that, on certain products, Vietnam is quite protective of its domestic market.  But, if you are going to have those products made here, you will be able to avoid some of those undued tarriffs, but you will be opening quite another can of worms.  Check into that really good before you take the plunge.

As for whether your products will catch on here, that all depends on which product you are talking about.  India is a vast country, with all types of good stuffs.  I am sure that if you learn a little about the Vietnamese market, pick and choose your products appropriately, employ the right marketing strategy, you will do well here.

Hope that helps a little.

Howie