Looking for a female singer!

Hey everybody! a couple of my friends and I play acoustic alternative rock music and I sing and we thought it'd be cool if we had another vocalist along who would add the spirit the group :)
Let me know if anyone is interested!

Hello moabash, don't forget that you have also the possibility to post an advert in Riyadh classifieds > community section/ Artists, musicians.;)

Hope it helps,
Harmonie.:)

Thanks a lot Harmonie!

I'll try to do that,

cheers,

Bash

is that offer still on?! :D
i do sing (pretty well) like i've been told lol

Hey Katie!
The offer is still on. I need to hear some of your recordings first though. So send me a link in a pm. Thanks.

Hi moabash, have you found a drummer yet? I am getting an electronic drum kit via courier, hopefully this week. There is also a Filipino bass guitarist, who lives in Sulaimaniya, looking to play with a gig. Where do you guys practice?

hi musicman, we're only three guitarists at the moment and I sing. We used to have jamming sessions at a compound but things aren't working well there lately. So its gonna be someone's home where we'd have to practice. Unless you guys have somewhere else in mind. Adding a drummer and a bassist sounds like fun and would be more like a band.

Cheers,

Will check out a few folks on a suitable location for practice and get back to you soon

Sure! Can't wait!

Hey,

I'm trolling the Riyadh forum looking for musicians. I live in Ha'il, have an acoustic band and am coming to Riyadh on Dec 1st.
I need to get a new head for my snare drum and drum sticks. Should I order those first? Do you know a good music store and their contact info? So I was hoping to meet/play guitar with some Riyadh musicians on Dec 1st. Please pass that along. I'll probably be staying at Luthan.

Hi Catherine, you can get your drum sticks and s are drum head at Al Dawliah Audio & Music Store. They have outlets in the Al Faisaliah Mall, Al Aqariyah Mall on Olaya Street, and also the Shola Mall on King Abdul Aziz Street. Let me know if you have any difficulty in finding them when you are in Riyadh and we will assist you in getting there. It must be wonderful to be able to play your music in Hail? Good Luck to you!

Wow, it's great to read about musicians in Riyadh.

I have an acoustic guitar that I'm fond of and am wondering if I have enough baggage allowance to bring it with me when I come out next month. I'd rather do that than have to buy a new one, although it's good to know that there are music shops in Riyadh :)

Yes, we have the Yamaha store (Al Dawliah), famous for its Yamaha Piano, Sax, Trumpet, Drums etc and also the Roland shop that offer lots of goodies for musicians.

I think musicman covered it all like he always does! Good job mate!

@Bash, I have my electronic drum kit installed at home now and am giving drum lessons for students. Please inform anyone who may be interested. Thanks!

I will! And I personally would love to jam sometime soon

Yes, that would be nice but we need a suitable location to get together. I have sent a request to the Manager of the Rumaizan Compound Recreation Center on Exit 7 (Othman bin Affan Street) and awaiting his response. Will keep you posted.

I actually know where Rumaizan compound is and I go to the restaurant there almost once a week. I've never been to the recreation center though. And yes sure man keep us updated!

The main Rec Center is upstairs. There is also a small hall adjacent to the restaurant which is used for small parties and gigs. They do have a live in lady DJ there who provides music for events.

I dig all the music talk. Musicman i would like a drum lesson on the weekend i'm coming to Riyadh. i just started playing a couple of weeks ago and am teaching myself "the hardest button to button" by the white stripes.

You are welcome Cathy, give me a call when you are here and you can drop by our place for a lesson. My wife and I will pick you up from wherever you may be staying in Riyadh.

Listened to the track "the hardest button to button" by the White Stripes and it sounds a simple rock tempo track that should be easy to play. Nice band! Reminds me of the old "Prince" style stuff that we used to enjoy in the old days, viz; "Another one bites the dust".

Okay. We'll do that. I'll get you my details in a message. I have the drum tab for button song. Maybe I'll find another song I'll want to learn drums for in a couple of weeks! whoo hoo!

No problemo! Ive ordered the White Stripes Elephant CD from Amazon. Hopefully it will get here by this week?

hello :) , LOOK , its simple, m a music lover and i would love to be a part of this :)

That's great samaira! What kind of music do you like?

Aren't looks a relative phenomenon?

Hi, I am dutch just arrived in Riyadh. My wife is Indonesian and is a professional singer (jazz/rock...). She will join me feb 2012. She would be very happy to be able to sing here in Saudi Arabia.

Rgds,
Albert
+966504828065

It was lovely to meet Catherine in Riyadh today and go out shopping for her musical instruments and also doing a short drum lesson at my place. Good luck and best wishes for your music in Hail.

I just saved your number albert and will text you ASAP.  We jam with friends sometimes in restaurant. I'll let you know next time we're going.

Ok Moabash, maybe you can chat with my wife in holland about music making in Riyadh.

I really enjoyed my drum lesson with musicman. So far my first and only drum lesson. My hi-hat isn't working now and I really wished I lived near Riyadh so musicman could help me with it. Soon I will be playing drums for my band Mishar 3.

It was a pleasure to have youj over in Riyadh, Catherine. Look forward to more visits in the future.

You may need to check out the Hi-hat for a missing spring or washer between the cymbals. is it just the pedal thats not opening and closing? If so its got to be the spring at the bottom close to the pedal. Check it out! Or else I will have to drive up to Hail to fix it. ;-)

I finally have some time today to really look at it, as secretary of our social commitee I've spent the past 5 days involved heavily in holiday prep. I have to move my drums alot as I store them in our compound's community center. It's amazing how many nuts and bolts fall off while I'm doing that. BTW the reason my snare head busted is because there was a missing lug! Found that out putting on the new head that arrived through Aramex. You have to be vigilant about all the parts of a trap set!

Glad you got your new snare head. I hope you will enjoy Aramex services for getting stuff from overseas?

Is the lug lost somewhere while tuning or did it not come at all with the snare drum? You could complain to the store in Riyadh and they will have to replace it or even give you a new snare drum.

You need to have a case where you can put all the drum equipment whenever you dismantle and move or else you will end up losing those tiny little nuts and bolts that really matter. A large sized suitcase should do fine.

Its not easy tending to the drum kit. Ive been there for ages.

I do like the Aramex service, I overuse it. Ordering lots of posters as they don't weigh much.. Is it going to be really difficult to find a new lug? How do I get a replacement? Please advise. Okay for me to order one off the internet. I am trying to not get frustrated at all the drum maintenance...snare drum and hi-hat out of commision on a brand new drum set. sad.

Yes, very sad, indeed.

The problem with the local distributors in KSA is that they know next to nothing of the equipment and their sales people are totally clueless about drums or musical instruments. They just sell Yamaha cos they are the agents. Leads to total frustration most times. This is common across most equipment, electronics, etc.

If you can order a lug via Aramex its much better than taking all the trouble to come down here and get one fixed. We were witness to the sad situ we had to face with the Yamaha (Dawliah) jokers at Shola Center trying to get your head replaced.

I am looking for a classic piano (wood made) for my boss . he is interested in old classics. please, if you can help in this regard. thanks