Cost of living....cost of fuel

can anyone tell me how much diesel for cars cost?

can anyone english tell me how they find living in malta as regards to cost of food and so on.

thank you

Cost of petrol is 1.41 and diesel is not much different per litre. Its moving all the time sometimes it goes up then it comes down. As for the costs of living here INMHO I find it much cheaper to live here than in the UK. Electricity and water are definitley cheaper (upto 30%) theres no council tax at the moment altho eventually i think this will change, tv licenses are cheap at only 35euros per yr (assuming you have one)proces fo foodstuffs are much the same as UK except for the major UK brands when you will pay a premium. White goods and electricals are expensive here as are cars. Tax is lower here but then so are the  wages. Rents on accom very from area to area and lease periods but still represent good value. The public service transport system is still undergoing major changes but within the net 2-3months should be stabilised and represents good value for residents....not so for tourists.  Schooling requirements can be expensive as you have to buy the "fixed supplier" uniforms and all your own text books and stationery. Overall if we cant "live" here we cant "live" anywhere.

oh and we love it.

Nicely Said Toon agree totally with you regards if you cant live here you cant live anywhere. AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT WHY WOULD YOU LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE :):):)

at the Moment Diesel is about €1.29 per litre.

Julian

absolutely scubes

scubaboy wrote:

at the Moment Diesel is about €1.29 per litre.

Its 1.31 this month - the price of petrol and diesel is fixed once a month, and is the same at every petrol station

latest prices are on http://www.enemalta.com.mt/index.aspx?cat=2&art=7

Yes i couldn't quite get my head around that in the beginning... i thought the Airpport was going to be more expensive so i drove futher .... Doh !!

You learn as you go along eh !!

Cheers for that George

Julian

thanks guys.that's exactly what i needed to know.

great thank you very much

Hi Lgander,
I am in the process of updating a post on my site a magazine site on living and working in Malta detailing a typical household grocery basket prices Malta. Over summer, I knocked about euro 30 off my average weekly shop by shopping at Lidl stores. I'd been avoiding them for ages as I heard about the awful crowds etc. but I've found the experience plain sailing - at the Luqa branch (nr airport)at least.  Really good Italian imports - cheeses, hams,Parmesan etc - at fraction of local prices elsewhere. A lidl bit of love goes a long way! So, my basket update will be based mainly on the Lidl shopping option with some other local extras thrown in. Hope this helps on food.

Hi does anyone have experience of  long term car leasing in Malta I was wondering what the monthly cost would be for a 6/7 seater thanks
:cool: