Organize your move to Nepal

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Nepal.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Nepal:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Nepal?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Nepal?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Nepal?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

I'm an expat who moved here last December and fell in love with Nepal. I had such a hard time navigating my way around without wasting, spending or just plain getting cheated out of my money, that I started writing a book on how to get around in Nepal in regard to your money. Fun, budget things to do, what to do if things go wrong, literally everything I could find on saving money here is in the book. It isn't a substitute for the Lonely Planet, but it will give you insights into saving money on just about everything. Nepal is really expensive for a developing nation if you don't know how everything works. Otherwise, it is amazingly cheap, carefree and a great place to come for a vacation or to live.

I just want everyone to come to Nepal, so I will happily send the first chapter to anyone for free. The book isn't finished yet. There is an extensive list of what to bring and what to leave at home in the chapter. One tourist would have saved $90 if she would have read the the first chapter and probably wouldn't have gotten her steri pen stolen.

Thanks for your contribution FrugalTravels!;)

Harmonie.:)