Organize your move to Iran

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Iran.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Iran:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Iran?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Iran?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Iran?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

1.I would bring loads of nice clothes to Iran
2.there are some huge bazzars selling furniture,you could also order the one you want too so i don't think it's worth bringing furniture here, although you could bring some specific domestic wear
3.alcohol, non foods: sometimes fashion magazines are taken away in the airport if seen, movie dvds,
4.it's hard to bring car because then u have to renew it's insurance every 6 months so again it's not worth bringin car, plus that there are all kinds of best cars in iran so u have plenty of choices
i hope i have been a help, let me no if u needed more assistant, im in tehran at the moment too so once u land i can be in touch with u over the phone if u needed help

Thanks for your post Geini, it's very useful :)

any body from iran kindly inform me about accomodation and other expense to live there for a month i will wait dears
mail me at
[email protected]
please inform me quick and soon

im not quit sure about renting accommodation as it depends on the area that you rent a flat plus that it's hard to rent a flat for only 1 month as im aware that contracts are usually between 6 to 12 months. u can always book a hotel apartment though which u can find different prices for different hotel apartments if u look online, but i think it's between 40,000 tooman a night and higher (approximatelly 20 pounds). but again search hotel apartment in iran via google and u'll find different options