Organize your move to Cameroon

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Cameroon.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Cameroon:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Cameroon?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Cameroon?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Cameroon?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

it is verry easy to live in cameroun i don t have a lot of time but if you really need to be advice call me and we will discuss about it ok ? my number is +237 79 17 85 37

Hi,

could you please share on the forum ?

thanks

if you want ok

sorry i must go now but i will be online after 3 hours if you will  not be aviable you can write me via email it is [email protected] or you have my number my boss is colling me sorry

This looks interesting. Why would somebody insist on being contacted outside the forum? One needs to watch out for such "funny2 attitude.

(moderated: no free ads please)

sory for the fact that i have give my email adress or my phone number i don t spend a lot of time in this forum. the reason i  give it is because via e mail it is better to discuss you can have all information conserning me in this forum or on facebook.and please i don t force any body to contact me so please  nkechi if you found that i am not credible please do as you want but conserning me my intension were pure tank s

You should sharing on the forum or else you are off topic :rolleyes:

Armand

Okay, so, does anyone want to answer the questions in the original post?

asked the question and i will answer you in the post

romuald abega wrote:

asked the question and i will answer you in the post

Just go up to the original post in this thread, the one by Julie, and answer those questions.

There are some threads that I originated; perhaps you might look at those.

Hi all,

By way of introduction, I am a Cameroonian currently living in Buenos Aires after having lived in England. My next stop is South Africa.

I understand too well the importance of getting reliable information as a foreigner in a country, especially an African country.

In answer to the above question, I suggest the following:

Furniture and electrical appliances are not very costly in Cameroon.However, you should be willing to buy used ones. In any event, importing your cargo to Cameroon could be very tricky given the "bottleneck" at the port.

Again, it may be better to buy a car in Cameroon if you want to avoid the challenges of importing one. You will find that the import levy could be half the cost of a recent model car! You should not though, Cameroon's transport authority does not lay sufficient emphasis on the roadworthiness of vehicles. So if you were to buy a car from cameroon, you should make sure you take it to a renown mechanic for proper testing.

Given that I have not been back home in a while, I cannot advise you on which foodstuff is banned. But I imagine that you can get almost any tropical food you want in Cameroon.

You should also note that there are regular power failures in my country.It may be worth bringing reliable self powered lamps with you.

I hope you enjoy your stay in Cameroon.

3Kings

Julie wrote:

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Cameroon.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Cameroon:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Cameroon?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Cameroon?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Cameroon?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

Hi,
from my working experience with expats, i can say that it is a good idea to bring furniture and some domestic appliancies. But i saw some people bringing only the absolute necessary and buying what they need in Cameroon.
What to bring and to leave behind ? that is a personnal question it depends on what is important or not, for you.
Foodstuffs that are banned. the same illegal one as in europe or any country.
For the car it is better to buy a car here, so that you'll not have problem of removing it from the sea port. But if you are comming on an official job, you'll better buy a car there and ship it here. For diplomats, it's free of charge and you can easily sell it when returning back.
Any advices ? well, Cameroon is a warm country. strangers say they are good here. you can find any food you need. But in daily life you have to deal with the local culture.

@ Tihitata > Thank you for your valuable contribution.  :proud:happy:

Priscilla